Hi Jennie! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. I will provide detailed instructions for thoroughly cleaning your computer and removing any spyware, malware, or virus that you may have.
1) Download the free version of Ccleaner from Piriform http://www.piriform.com
2) Download Malware Bytes from http://www.malwarebytes.org and install. Be sure to choose the free 14 day trial for now. I do think it is a wonderful tool for protecting us from malware and spyware that virus programs don't always catch but you can consider the purchase of it later.
PART TWO - boot to safe mode with networking
Boot to safe mode by following these instructions:
If you can boot the PC to the login screen, you can hold down the SHIFT key while clicking on Restart to be taken to the troubleshooting option screen. Click on the Troubleshoot button. Next, select Advanced Options. Now choose the Windows Startup Settings option. Finally click on Restart. The computer will boot to the Startup Settings Screen, where you can select Enable Safe Mode with Networking
PART THREE - running the scans
When you have successfully rebooted into safe mode:
1) Run MalwareBytes. It may be a lengthy process. Allow Malware Bytes to remove or clean anything that it finds.
2) Run Mcaffee’s Stinger. Again it has the potential to be a very lengthy process. Allow it to remove or clean or quarantine anything that is found. Please make a note of anything that it may find.
3) Run Ccleaner. Click on run cleaner in the bottom right corner of the window. Click on ok. If you are asked to close Google Chrome please do so. When that is complete please click on the Applications Tab and repeat the process. Next, click on Registry, and then on Scan for issues. When the scan has completed, please click Fix Selected Issues. Click yes, then click save, and when it completes (this one will be quick) click on close.
Finally, reboot your computer and hopefully everything will be clean and there will no viruses , spyware, or malware. If your scans did find things and the problems recur later, you will need to turn off system restore, reboot into safe mode and repeat all of this again, as some viruses, malware and spyware can hide in System Restore files. Then when you've thoroughly cleaned again, please reboot and then turn System Reboot Back on. I'll walk you through turning system restore on and off later if needed.