Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

My iPad. Suddenly decided to no longer accept my 4 digit

Customer Question
My iPad. Suddenly decided...
My iPad. Suddenly decided to no longer accept my 4 digit code number. Without it I can't open up anything so no chance of setting a new code. How should I deal with this. Thank you,Hal Jenkins
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Email
6/27/2016
Email technician: Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. On your iPad, please press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check.

- If that does not work, please try the following:

1. Open the iTunes program on a Windows or Mac computer computer. If needed, download and install the iTunes software at the Apple website below on the computer first:
    http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
  2. Connect the iPad to your computer with the iPad's USB cable.
  3. On the iPad, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
  4. After 10 or 11 seconds, release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button (for about another 10 seconds) until the iTunes program shows that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.
  5. Click Restore and confirm / continue.
    ; Note: You can click on the down arrow icon at the upper right corner in the iTunes program in order to see the download progress. And during downloading, if it shows the lock passcode window, just cancel it for now.

; Note: The steps must be done correctly; you may have to try a couple of times.

- If needed, please watch video instructions at the website below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6FSHAp6fvk

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech