Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I some how put in the wrong email address and want to revert

Customer Question

I some how put in the wrong email address and want to revert to my old existing one?
Category: Email
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I will try my best to help you

Where did you enter the wrong email address,please let me know the name of the site ?

Which is the operating system installed in the PC.Is it Windows Vista, Windows 7, windows 8, Windows 10 or any other?

Sincerely,

Note: - Please reply using the box below.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I went to Google Chrome which asked a bunch of questions , and I gave right answer but somehow they changed my existing email to a new unknown one. Operasting system is Windows 7. Can I just revstore my old settings somehow?

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the details.Is this your gmail address that got changed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes the email address I use is***@******.*** . They aome how changed that to***@******.*** I want to go back rto my original E mail account.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

OK so when you go to gmail it opens the new one (*****@******.***) am i correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the details.

First go to the gmail page then click on your name which is shown on the top right corner of gmail then click on sign out that will exit you from the***@******.*** email account then in the sign in page enter your orginal gmail address (*****@******.***) then click on next and enter the password ***** that email account and click on Sign in that will open your original gmail account.Please try it and let me know the result.

If you have trouble doing it let me know and i can remote access to your computer and do it for you.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Were you able to do the above instructions also did you regain access to your old gmail account?

Please let me know.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Sir checking to see whether you saw my above reply to fix the issue. If it didn't solve the issue we can try other options.

Please let me know the status

Sincerely,

Note:-To reply back to me use the reply box below.