Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I had my sim card changed and so I got a new phone number

Customer Question

I had my sim card changed and so I got a new phone number and forgot my yahoo mail password. They want to send a reset text which I can no longer get.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Have you been using a Windows computer or a Mac in accessing your Yahoo Mail account?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Safari version 9.1.1
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information.

Now, how do you access your Yahoo Mail on your Mac? Were you using a web browser like Safari? Or were you using the Mail app, the one with the postage stamp on the dock?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I recently reset my Mac to factory settings
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Can you please tell me the part of your email address BEFORE the @yahoo.com? I need to check your recovery options.

By the way, I tried to accept your request for Secure Remote Assistance but there was failure from your end. Once the error is corrected, I can accept the offer and we can start the remote session.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
galen.morrisey
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Please give me a moment.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I no longer have that recovery number. I opted to get a new number when I got a new phone
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please hurry I've got to go to work in 10 minutes. This is my work email.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was set to auto fill the password ***** I never made an effort to remember it.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

I have checked for your recovery options but you only provided your mobile number which is now inaccessible. In this case, your last and only option left is to submit the account recovery form to convince Yahoo that you own the account.

If we can do the remote access session, I can help you submit the form.

Regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thank you. I'll do that on my own. What's the total cost for basically telling me you can't help me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wait hold up! I see on my bank account app that you charged me $35 to tell me you can't help me! Reverse that right now please!
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

I am just trying to help but the procedures to recover the account requires you to submit the form, I cannot do it for you.

Here is the link about refunding:

ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

Thank you for using our service and I hope you are able to recover your account.

Best regards,

Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fun that $35 right now! You did not help me already knew I could submit a form! I was only going to pay the $35 if you could help me recover my password ***** all you did was tell me to submit a form that I already knew that I could do! Refund now!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Or I will contact my bank and file a complaint and open a dispute and reverse the charges! Please refund my money right now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NOW
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

I sent you the link for the procedures to process the refund. I will also request a refund for you now which will close this question.

Thank you.

Jess