flopcat98
flopcat98, Consultant
Experience:  Consultant 30 years in nyc computer industry working with PC and networks banks brokerage legal etc.
23372949

I can't log in to my hotmail account because my server

Customer Question

I can't log in to my hotmail account because my server password ***** changed unknowingly. I have tried to use two step verification but cant get into my account settings to turn it on.
Category: Email
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

What is the hotmail email address?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try to follow your directions.

okay, thank you. Do you have the cell phone ending in 15?

If yes what is that full number please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

okay, I had a code sent to that number. Let me know the code here as soon as you get it. Then we can reset the password ***** you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1 675 323

Your account has been recovered

You can now use your new security info to sign in to your account. Use this password *****$

Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance or if everything is good, take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top, then click submit.

Thank you very much!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I'll try and let you know. Thanks.

your welcome!

did that work for you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I used the password ***** was able to change it. It changed in Microsoft exchange. There, I turned on and set up 2 step verification. I got oot of everything and went back into my mail icon, chose hotmail and was given same server error message.

okay, what is the device you are getting the error message on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Samsung Galaxy 5

okay, try unistalling the app and then reinstall and use the new password.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Which app? Email app? Will I have to put in my emails again? I have several and just had the tech at samsung move my emails to outlook or appropriate places.

which app are you using? Microsoft Outlook?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have an app for Outlook which holds everything. I have one called email for work as well as hotmail, outlook, gmail. I often use the email app to choose the email I want. I don't want to lose my work email.

okay.open the app, then tap the hotmail account name, then tap the settings icon (looks like a gear) at the top right, then choose reset account.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok

let me know if it works.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The inbox is still loading very slowly. I've done a bunch of verification and resets so it shouldwork but the inbox is loading so very slowly. I'll pick up tomorrow afternoon and be glad to rate you if it works. Thanks.

sounds good.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It didn't work. I am not able to sign into hotmail.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
outlook is showing mail up to may 20. Hotmail up to june 2.
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you further.

The two step verification seems to be problematic for you. If you can log into your google acct, turn off the two step verification first.

Turning off 2-Step Verification

1. In “Signing in & security” section of My Account, select 2-Step Verification. Sign in with your username, password, and verification code if asked.
  2. Select Turn off 2-Step Verification.
  3. A pop-up window will appear to confirm that you want to turn off 2-Step Verification. Select Ok.

Then try to log into your hotmail with the password ***** set up that keeps giving you errors. Please note that they are very case sensitive.

Enter it slowly/methodically to be sure.

Please respond when you are done and we will go from there.

~Franklin

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Two step verification is not a problem. I have a problem with working on issues with young children nearby. My account was hacked previously, as was my bank account. Those issues resolved. I need two step verification. My problem is that the sever password ***** changed for hotmail. My outlook which is somehow the same company, has not updated email since may 20. I no longer use hotmail but do not wsnt it open to hackers so I wanted to resolve log in issue. If Icoulld closeor remove hotmail without removing outlook I would.

Expert:  flopcat98 replied 1 year ago.

outlook and hotmail are two separate things. the outlook program can use the hotmail account but it can use other accounts as well.

you can remove the hotmail account from the outlook by going to tools / accounts

and removing the email address there.

this may work a lot easier if i can contact you by phone and if you choose log into your computer remotely to work on it with you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alright. I will be able to provide a land line tomorrow morning. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is the offet to remotely do this work on my phone an additional fee?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would prefer that offer, if possible. My real problem is not receiving outlook emails since may 20. I don't care a lot about hotmail now that my email for outlook did not stay up to date for unknown reason.
Expert:  flopcat98 replied 1 year ago.

i can log in remotely to a computer but not to a phone.

but i would like to speak to you on the phone because i am having a hard time understanding what you mean by outlook vs hotmail. if you mean an account at***@******.*** vs***@******.*** there should not be much difference. If you mean the outlook program vs hotmail than they are very different.