Jason Fenoglio
Jason Fenoglio, Sr. Systems Engineer
Experience:  Sr. Systems Engineer
94203781

I have forgotten my yahoo password ,and I have changed my

Customer Question

Hello I have forgotten my yahoo password ***** I have changed my phone number ,I don't even know my alternative email id,how to retrieve my password
Category: Email
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You there
Expert:  Jason Fenoglio replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be working with you today. The only way to get into you Yahoo E-mail account if you've forgotten your password ***** ***** the Sign-On Helper at https://login.yahoo.com/account. You'll have 3 options: phone number, which you've said you've changed, the alternative e-mail and your secret questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have forgotten even my secret questions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Even I don't remember my alternative email id

I would try your secret questions first and if you've not been able to access that way, try as many alternate e-mails that you can think of. Yahoo does not provide any sort of customer service to reset the passwords for their e-mail accounts.

Do you use Yahoo mail through an AT&T account?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What other ways to get it done

I was going to say that if you did have Yahoo mail through your Internet provider, they might be able to reset it. Otherwise, the account is lost. I would just keep trying everything for you secret questions and/or alternate e-mails. It's the only way to reset it.

GMail has the same policy and I've had to tell numerous people the same bad news.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hmmmmm ): how to try with my secret questions

If you go through the Sign-In Helper, you can say that you don't know the phone number or alternate e-mail address. It will eventually take you to your secret questions.

Here is the official statement from Yahoo on their policy:

The Password ***** says my password *****'t be reset online - If you've tried using the Sign-in Helper and weren't able to get access to your account, other recovery options may not be available. We know it can be frustrating to see the fail page, but in these rare cases, we recommend creating a new Yahoo account.

I hope you can get through with one of the other methods in the Sign On Helper. If I was able to give you quality service, please rate my service on the faces below. I will still be here if you need any more advice on this question.

Thanks,

Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not able to see security questions

"Use my secret questions" should be an option right after you enter your Yahoo ID. If it isn't there, then the security questions were not set.

Just checking in with you. Were you able to gain access to your account?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No,I lost all my data ):,,yahoo is very bad in this
I'm sorry to hear that. It's news that I never want to tell our customers.
Please remember to rate our service when you can and if you need any more help on tech issues, think of us its first.
Sincerely,
Jason