Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

Upon set up I entered incorrect email address now I can't get msn what can I do?...

Customer Question
upon set up I entered...
upon set up I entered incorrect email address now I can't get msn what can I do?
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: charter
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: well every time I try to get the msn app it tells me it sent a security code to my email but it's spelled wrong I never get the code.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Email Technician should know?
Customer: my email address is***@******.*** however, i entered***@******.***
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Email Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/13/2016
Email technician: Dustin, Email Specialist replied 1 year ago
Dustin, Email Specialist
Experience: Specializing in Thunderbird, Eudora, Outlook, Outlook for Mac, Mac Mail, Windows Live mail, Incredimail and a few others! Also Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Also, how long ago did you set up the Microsoft account with the incorrect carter.net address? And is this issue stopping you from signing into your windows 8 or 10 computer? Or, if its some other issues please describe the problem as best as you can. Thank you,

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
windows 10 2 days ago

Are you no longer able to log into your computer at all?

Or, is there an account you can use to log in to your computer? Please try to answer with as much detail as possible, so we can get to the repair steps!

Thank you,

Dustin S

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can log into my charter account however when i try to get msn on my new tablet it keeps sending it to the wrong email I ENTERED ON THE NEW TABLET***@******.*** THE CORRECT EMAIL IS***@******.***.

Ok, so you can sign into your tablet normally then?

Yes, or no?

Its only the MSN email account that you cannot access? ( but you can log into the tablet and get to your desktop and apps, etc , without issue)

Please clarify

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
everything else works ok

Ok.. And when you try to sign into the incorrectly spelled msn account.. Does it no longer accept your password?

Also, how long ago did you create the account? If the wrongly spelled msn account is a new account. Wouldnt it be simpler just to close the account, and then create a new msn account using the correct spelling?

Is there any reason why that wouldnt work for you?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
one thing msn tells me it sent a security code i never got it, becuse it sent to the incorrect address it will not accept the password ***** tried numerous times to close the account no luck this was about 2 days ago

You could just create a new account with the correct address. ( unless you need something from the old msn account?)

This link will let you create a new account

https://signup.live.com/?uaid=41e5119921bf4a268cc33a0b1118a4b1&lic=1

Simply enter the new and correct charter email address , and youll be good to go.

D.S

Dustin, Email Specialist