Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I accidentally deleted my wife's account. Does this mean all

Customer Question

I accidentally deleted my wife's account. Does this mean all her folders are permanently gone.
Category: Email
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

Do you know if the account is setup for pop3 or imap?

What's the email provider?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ISP acanac.net
POP3 account. I was trying to restore the password ***** her send mail account in Thunderbird. (She shares my Thunderbird account.) The system said there were now two accounts with the same name and I had to delete one. It deleted her old account along with a valuable folder. I think I'm in deep doodoo!
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

So the email is probably removed from the ISP server.

What operating system are you running?

Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

Email is stored in below folder, could check here.

Also rigth click on Thunderbird folder --> properties --> previous versions see if anything is listed in here
C:\username\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 7 Home Premium on a Dell Inspiron laptop
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought that Thunderbird kept copies of the folders on my local machine. My thinking is Okay, I deleted the account, but the folders should still be there - I hope!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What if I delete her account entirely, and then re-open it using the same name, email address and password. Will it re-connect me to to folder?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have an AppData folder under my username.
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

it's a hidden folder, you have to type it in

Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

right click on thunderbird account -> properties

check here where the local folders are stored

see this picture https://support.cdn.mozilla.net/media/uploads/images/2014-03-31-14-57-51-f5ddaf.png

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My OS is set to show hidden files. When I type in the AppData, I get a file not found message.
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

type in %appdata%

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That works, I now can see the thunderbird/profiles directory. Now what?
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

Did you check where local folders are stored in Thunderbird program?

Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

Look for missing folders in here or her old profile in Thunderbird that was deleted

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found the missing folder. It is getting very late here so I am going to shut it down for the evening. I will get back on line with you Monday morning about 10:00 am EDT. Thanks for you help thus far. Should I ask for anyone in particular tomorrow am?
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

sounds good, just come back to this same chat you're at now

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm back. I have found the folder in a disabled account. I have also found the new account. Is is simply a matter of copying all the files and folders from the disabled account to the new account
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Anyone there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Under Profiles I have a folder - s1d7bjoa.default containing all the Thunderbird accounts I have ever had - acanac.net thru to acanac-4.net. The missing folder is in acanac-1.net. Do I simply copy all the files and folders in acanac-1.net into acanac-4.net? There must be something in these folders which say whether or not it is active?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I repeat, Is anybody home???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've been waiting for over an hour for someone to answer. So much for your 71/2 minute response time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am going to cancel my subscription as I have yet to receive any answers to my question. I have been waiting since before 11:00 EDT and not even a reply
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

sorry I was not around today

Yes copy the contents of the folder acanac-1.net into acanac-4.net

Make sure Thunderbird is closed when doing this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see you have charge the $48.00 US even though I did not approve of any of the work you had done to date as 'a solution to my problem'. I am advising you that the $48.00 US charge that you made against my credit charge is not appropriate and that I wish to be re-reimbursed. I did not see your last post allegedly made at 21:15 Fri evening on 13 Jun until I checked today. I used Thunderbird Help and my own wits to resolve my problem.
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

ok

Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

Forwarded your request on.