Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I have gotten lock out my yahoo account when my phone got

Customer Question

I have gotten lock out my yahoo account when my phone got rebooted. The number I had register to that yahoo account was(###) ###-####& I'm not sure how to enter my new number on that acount .my new number is(###) ###-####
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there Dwight and welcome

You need to first log into your account in order to change the phone number associated with it, else the security would be flawed.

Whats the message you get when you try to sign into your account?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it a way if I give u my email address can u go in it n change my old number to new number .cuz when I tries it' cums up like this 267... 4386 & I had to remember the missing numbers which(###) ###-#### ***** it says it gonna send a text for me to verify but I can't cuz I have a new number n don't understand where to change to new number .
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

You need to first log into your account in order to change the phone number associated with it Dwight, else there would be no point to having a password ***** all if it could just be changed when asked.

What is the yahoo account with the issue?