Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I need to renew my MSN Premium Internet software account. I

Customer Question

I need to renew my MSN Premium Internet software account. I am having difficulty. Can you help?
JA: Have you contacted anyone about your account?
Customer: No, Is there a number to call?
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Received a message that account has expired at of 6/8/2016. Would like to renew.
JA: Is there anything else the Email Technician should be aware of?
Customer: When I upgraded to Windows 10, I have had nothing but problems. I was told that my system had been hacked, I purchased lifetime coverage through windows help, however they then notified me that system had been hacked again, wanted me to purchase I Tunes card for $500. This did not sound right to me. I believe they shut my system down. Sorry for long explanation.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Email Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Email
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 1 year ago.

Hi! I'm Eric, an email expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 1 year ago.

It does, I'm afraid, sound like you've fallen victim to a scam. Can you tell me whether your computer is working presently?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is.
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 1 year ago.

I received your request for Remote Assistance, but there seems to be a payment-related issue. Until our customer service team resolves that, I will continue to offer you some options for self-service.

To start, I'll ask you to download and install this free anti-malware program: Malwarebytes

Once installed, please run the program and remove any "bad" files it finds. If you would, kindly let me know the scan results. At that point, we will circle back around to answering your initial question.