Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

Dear hotmail service desk, I would like to refer to an email

Customer Question
sent to me in 2005...
dear hotmail service desk, I would like to refer to an email sent to me in 2005 or 2006.I am unable to view that in current settings .Please kindly advise me how to access those emails if they are available in archives. Your help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks a lot, regards *****
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Email
5/30/2016
Email technician: Richard, Email Systems Specialist replied 1 year ago
Richard, Email Systems Specialist

Hi there and welcome

To confirm, you deleted an email from this period and you wish to restore it. Is this correct?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

I don't remember deleting this email from lakshminarasimhan @ brakes india ltd and i believe saw the email some time ago.

ok, in Hotmail, in the top left, you see a search box, enter in there any fragment of text found in the email and tell me if it finds the email please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Richard, we are unable to find the email from 2005/2006 period from:***@******.*** and i am 100% sure that I have not deleted this email. I had seen this email some time ago. I have also tried searching for it in Outlook search bar and when searched, it goes only back to 2011. please help.Suresh

ok, there is no automatic deletion occurring in Outlook, the emails stay unless you delete them.

Did you check the Archive folder within outlook?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There is no archive folder Richard. so where to now?

ok, go to the Deleted folder, and at the bottom of it you see

Recover Deleted Messages in Blue

Click on this and tell me if you see the email there please

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no, i do not see the email.it is an important email and it would really help if you could help please. thank you
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i have not deleted it. so i don't know what could have happened. i have had the same account from the day Hotmail started and i have not changed it. so i don't know what the problem is.

It has been removed from the account, its the only reason left, we have ruled out all other causes and its not in any of the backups.

The email you will not be able to recovery sorry. This is now confirmed.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have it replaced. It is a known problem, so it will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Why can't we see emails back from 2005 if it can filter back to 2009?

They have been deleted, I know you feel this is not the case, but we have checked every location they can be.

There are no other locations for these emails sorry

Richard, Email Systems Specialist