Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I cant get my msn email can u help JA: Just to clarify, what

Customer Question

I cant get my msn email can u help
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: msn thtough verizon
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: no new email since may 7
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Email Technician should know?
Customer: not sure
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Email Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you tell me please exactly how do you access your emails? Using which email program?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I click on the email envelope msn
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
windows 10
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank youIf you send an email to yourself there, is it received? I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you. Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse. I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps. Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong. If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me. Thanks, Richard
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
every time someone takes over my computer the make matters worse especially microsoft
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
r u there
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I guarantee you I will not be doing that. I have been doing this over a decade, nothing will be made worst, I can promise that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how long will this take and I want nothing changed on my computer I have a hard time with change
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Nothing will be changed, it only takes a few minutes when you accept, you run a small program (it only runs not installs) then I am connected
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how long to fix problem
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
depends on the issue, but usually around 20 minutes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
walk me through it if I cant do it u can remote it
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If you send an email to yourself there, is it received?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do I send an email to myself
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
you put your own email address in the address of the email and send it, and it is sent to you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will do it now
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not receiving email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you click on my link below pleasehttps://webmail.verizon.com/signin/Login.jsp?goto=https://webmail.verizon.com:443/signin/LdapBind.jspTell me if you can there sign into your Verizon account and see your emails.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
r u still there
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
you see the email you just send yourself? If so then we just need to re-add the email account in your mail programTo do this, in Mail click on the Gear wheel in the bottom left, then manage accounts.Click on the Verizon accountClick Delete AccountOnce done, click on Add AccountAdd the Verizon account again and the emails will be downloaded correctly.Let me know the results please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
didn't see email I sent myself I don't use the Verizon page for anything
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I asked before if you can sign in and see your Verizon emails and you said yes...Did you do the instructions I gave before?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my daughter just sent me an email it went to outlook on msn homepage not on email envelope
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I need you to do the instructions I gave please. in Mail click on the Gear wheel in the bottom left, then manage accounts.Click on the Verizon accountClick Delete AccountOnce done, click on Add AccountAdd the Verizon account again and the emails will be downloaded correctly.Let me know the results please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is no wheel on mail
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
it is there like in this picturehttp://www.simplehelp.net/images/comcast_mail_windows_10/image06.png
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thats the wheel to use
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok added Verizon account then the words other account came up asking for your name
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, enter in your verizon information and it should now download the emails to itLet me know how you go please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
download emails to what account I want emails on the email envelope icon
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't use Verizon email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, you mentioned Verizon initially, if it is not Verizon then the account you use, add that in Mail
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did I told u I use msn mail
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok iut was not clear sorry as you indicated Verizon but it is ok just add the MSN email account after removing it as per my instructions please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not removing no accounts
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm taking a break ill be back in a little bit
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
you need to remove the account and then readd it again within Mail, as you indicated you were already busy doing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what account Verizon or msn
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
MSN, as this is the account you now indicate is at issue, there is no Verizon account if you do not use it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm done for the day I will be back tomorrwo
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok.. though you only need to do these steps to complete it and get the emails back.But you can do them tomorrow.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
your welcome