Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

I used windows live on my laptop with windows 7. My laptop

Customer Question
died, I got new one...
I used windows live on my laptop with windows 7. My laptop died, I got new one with windows 10. Live mail did not come pre-loaded on it. I am now using outlook BUT, I have lost all my contacts and saved emails which some meant the world to me. (my husband's messages - he passed away). Can you help me? I would love to retrieve what I had out there.
thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/17/2016
Email technician: michelleclive, Email replied 1 year ago
michelleclive
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.What is the email address which you have configured on new outlook?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
***@******.***
Click here and try to login check your lost emails and let me know if they are there.https://login.yahoo.com/?.src=ym&.intl=us&.lang=en-US&.done=https%3a//mail.yahoo.com
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do you have what you need to answer my question? I am waiting. You may need more info.
Please be patient and check what i have already posted i am here to help you fix your problem. Please remember when we dealing with your issue. It is quite possible and may take more than one step or answer multiple times to solve a problem. In case the answer provided does not help or work dont be dissatisfied, use the Reply to expert or click on the “Continue Conversation” button and I will be happy to continue to help. Rate only when the problem is fixed or you are 100% Satisfied with the answer provided.JustAnswer has a 100% satisfaction guarantee. We value you as a customer and very much want you to be satisfied.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You are asking if you can remotely connect. I don't need help on my computer. I need to know if I can recover all my emails and contacts from windows live mail - windows 7 account. I have windows 10 now and live mail is not loaded so I can't use it thus this is why I am using outlook. I need to know if I can recover those emails that I can't get to.
Secure Remote Assistance is an additional service which is offer to our customers for speedy result as an expert works directly on the problem and it saves time and money.Its totally up to you to choose or deny the service as its an "optional" service.I gave you a link for yahoo email weblink did you click on it to login and check if all your emails are in there or its lost in there as well which is not there in outlook.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I clicked the link. It just takes me to yahoo mail. You are not understanding my question. I am asking if there is any way I can recover emails that I saved and contacts when I was using windows live mail. Windows Live Mail is my concern. I can't use it any longer so looking at my current email set up won't help me.
Please understand why i am asking you to login to yahoo webmail because i am trying to see if all your emails are still there or its lost from the webmail as well then we can attempt a recovery on outlook and if the emails are not there in he webmail it cannot be recovered in outlook mail or windows live mail as well.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK. I understand what you are trying to do. My yahoo mail server no longer has my old mail messages and/or my folders where I saved my messages. that is not an option. the only way I can get to these "lost" emails is if I can log into windows live mail. I no longer have it because I have a new computer with windows 10. Windows live mail is not available to me.
did you had those emails when you logged in to windows live mail on windows 10 computer was it lost from the windows 10 computer?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think we are drained here. I cannot log into windows mail on windows 10. thatIs what I am saying, windows live mail is not available to me on W10. I had it on W7. If I could login I wouldn't have this problem.
so you are not able to login to windows 10 live mail and you were able to login fine in windows mail in windows 7 am i correct?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yes I was able to login to windows live mail on my W7 computer because Windows Live Mail was installed as part of the program package. On my new computer with W10, windows live mail is NOT a program that is pre-installed so I can't use something that is not there. So I can't login now, I have nothing to log into.
Click on the search box i mean the Cortana search and type in mail you will see a blue email icon as Mail trusted windows store app.click on it and let me know what comes up.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I see a "mail app" option and when I click on it, it asked me to set up my mail account. There is not a windows live mail option.
the mail app is the same windows live appits just that with windows 10 they have changed the nameenter your email details and let me know if it is able to pull up your emails
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think I follow you. I am going to try it. Will you hold on till I try?
yes i will..let me know once you have done
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have done this. All that it did was have me log into my yahoo mail account, which I already have. When I entered my password ***** got the message that it had just set up my account. I couldn't have set up a new yahoo account, I already had one. When I hit continue, it took me to my yahoo email. Windows Live Mail is a program that allows me to view, create, reply and save emails that come through yahoo mail server. I just did not like using yahoo mail itself. So, all the emailing I did was with windows live mail. I didn't even have to log into it every time, it was my mail provider if that makes sense. I don't see anything that looks like windows live mail. I have looked up windows live mail through google and I do not see where windows 10 supports it. Can I download windows live mail?????? Will windows live mail work with W10?????
give me a moment here
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sure
please click here
download and install windows essentials 2012
it has windows live mail included in the package
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I see there is a download. I have been reading the questions and responses to using WLM on W10. Does not sound good but I will continue to research it until I feel comfortable with it. Seems it has caused some "crashes" when trying to use it on W10. Now that I know it is out there to be accessed (if it works) then I can look into it further. I don't think I have any further concern s. I will heck this out completely before I download. While I was waiting for you I had found Windows Essentials and read about it's good and bad results. I really do have concerns about installing it. Thank you so much for all your help. I will look into it further.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have given my credit card to pay $42. I want to be sure I am not set up in some membership or anything like that. I should have just continued to look into WLM as I had started to do. Thank you for your time!!!!
I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Feel free to ask or reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further. Thank you.
michelleclive
michelleclive
michelleclive, Email