GeekGal
GeekGal, Email Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS Degree & 15 + years experience supporting email issues of all kinds
76665483

I can't access my account. My old email which you now say belongs

Customer Question

I can't access my account. My old email which you now say belongs to someone else it belongs to me. I signed in with a different email accidentally. They gave me a new account. I have lots of pins and would like to get them back
I should use this email:***@******.*** what should I do to get back to my boards?
Category: Email
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
Hi there! My name is***** would be my pleasure to assist you with this. You mentioned pins so I am guessing that you are referrring to your Pinterest account. Is that correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Remote Tech Support. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to have this service one time with no extra charges!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hope that you guys are really legitimate. I've agreed to $35. Otherwise I'll have to go somewhere else.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
Per your request, I've offered the PREMIUM SERVICE of a SECURE REMOTE CONNECTION. This will allow me to see exactly what is happening on your computer and to work on the problem while you watch. This is completely optional. If you do not choose to take this service, I will walk you through a solution step by step here. The membership is also optional. It's an automated offer, so just feel free to ignore it. When we're done, I'll contact customer service on your behalf and provide you with contact info as well so you can make sure that you will not be charged for anything other than today's service.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
Please go to https://www.pinterest.com/password/reset/ and type in the email address that you originally used when you created the Pinterest account. Do you still have access to emails sent tp that email account? Is the email account that you provided earlier the account that you think you first used for Pinterest?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alison, please just walk me through. It shouldn't be that complicated.Just want to get my Pinter
Yes
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
Ok, When I type in the email address that you provided earlier, it says that there is not an account with that info. Is it possible that you used your Facebook account to sign in to Pinterest initially? If not, do you know what your original Pinterest username might be? I can offer you the SECURE REMOTE ASSISTANCE at the lowest price that we are allowed to charge ($5) simply because it is easier and faster. We can chat as I go through the necessary steps to help you recover access and there won't be a delay as there often is when typing in a question and answer format.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I don't think so. I had this same thing when I tried to fix this myself. I get a new account with nothing on it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want you to do what you said you were going to do when l signed up.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
Just to rule it out, let's try this...log in to Facebook, keep it open, then in another window go to Pinterest, and on the login screen, click the Facebook icon. Another option is Google +. If you have a Google account, login to that and keep it open, then in another window go to Pinterest, and on the login screen, click the Google Plus icon.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
I'm really trying hard to help you. How long has it been since you last signed into Pinterest? Do you have any idea what your username might have been? Do you have friends who are on Pinterest who could look and tell you what you username is?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know my email and my password. About a month ago. It won't let me sign in.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It just keeps giving me the new account.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alison, I know that you're trying hard. I've done this much myself last night.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
Ok, oddly, this time when I tried to sign in with***@******.*** and clicked on forgot password, It said it was sending an email to you to allow you to reset your password. Previously it said there was no account associated with that email address. Can you please check your email, reset the password ***** and try to login? If you can successfully do that and there are no pins then you set the accoutn with something other than that email address. Have you tried the instructions that I sent for using your Facebook to login?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've changed my password. It doesn't give me the option to use Facebook. Again I've already done what you said. I couldn't get the Facebook option.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
I have attached a screenshot of all board created that contain LeAnn Keaton as part of the username. Is one of these yours?. All Pinterest accounts have the option to login using Facebook. I don't think I can help you if you aren't going to allow me to remotely connect.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It recognizes my email and let's me in with the new password. But it continues to give me a new. Account. The picture of me is there. It's the first one.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
Please answer questions1.Can you login with the email address that you provided earlier? yes or no?2.If so, when you login do you see any pins? yes or no?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's the first picture. I can log in but it still continues to give me a new account.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
With none of my pins
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I get to that picture so they know it's me?
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
Ok. It is definitely connected to your Facebook account. And it has 446 pins. I can get you back in but you are goign to have to let me remotely connect and work on this while you watch. PLease click the link below. http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=db41c3b9-381a-48a4-bd04-6516b3110f6cOn the page that opens up, click "I Agree."Download the remote file when prompted, and then OPEN/RUN the "Elsinore Screen Connect" file downloaded (at the very bottom of your browser window, usually in the left corner.)I'll then be connected. Please let me know if you have any problems.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What are you charging me?
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
As an independent contractor I don't have access to billing info, so I don't know what you've already paid. However I offered you a $39 service for $5. It appears that payment failed. That's not a problem. If you'll go ahead and rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) as a show of good faith, I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work. Just click on th elink and lets get connected and get this solved.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now it's saying that it needs a new account it was good 10 min ago
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
It appears that we submitted comments simultaneously so I don't know if you saw this or not....As an independent contractor I don't have access to billing info, so I don't know what you've already paid. However I offered you a $39 service for $5. It appears that payment failed. That's not a problem. If you'll go ahead and rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) as a show of good faith, I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work. Just click on the link and let's get connected and get this solved.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've contacted Amex The charge of $5 and another for $35 has already been seen on Amex I would happily give YOU 3 stars, but this seems like a scam.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Which link? I've already accepted your secure remote link and was told that my credit card was not accepted.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure how you could think that this is a scam when I have tried so hard to help and spent so much time on this already. PLease click the link below.http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=db41c3b9-381a-48a4-bd04-6516b3110f6cOn the page that opens up, click "I Agree."Download the remote file when prompted, and then OPEN/RUN the "Elsinore Screen Connect" file downloaded (at the very bottom of your browser window, usually in the left corner.)I'll then be connected.Please let me know if you have any problems.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
Amex may have "seen" a charge of $5 but it hasn't been applied for whatever reason, At this point I just want to get connected and solve your problem, so I can get paid for my work and my time, and you can get back to your Pinterest. http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=db41c3b9-381a-48a4-bd04-6516b3110f6c
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think that it's you Alison. It's just that they keep wanting more money and then telling me that the card number is ***** accepted. I went through to Amex already so I don't know what they, not you, are doing.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure why it isn't making the remote connection link clickable. You can copy it and paste it into your browser window. This WILL NOT trigger any charges. this is me trying to help you. We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you aren't satisified you can contact***@******.*** to have ALL charges removed. http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=db41c3b9-381a-48a4-bd04-6516b3110f6c
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Safari won't download your file
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have you had this problem before?
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry. I didn't realize that you had a MAC. It's not a problem. Please click on the link below. https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/mac/Download and install the TeamViewer program. Please provide me the id and password ***** it has loaded. Let me know if you have any questions or issues. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They want your id
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
That woudl be if you were trying to connect to me and work on my computer. I need the number shown beside id on your screen and the passcode shown below that please.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
Here's a screenshot of the TeamViewer screen. I need the circled information from your screen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't see my id and the passcode it also won't let me give you Stars
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry. I hadn't checked "ready to be rated" yet. I ust did it so that should that problem. Did you look at the screenshot I attached? Does Your TeamViewer screen look like that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It shows you there but says it can't connectAre you gone?
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
I'm here. I have to connect to you. I need the id and passcode from YOUR screen so I can connect to you.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
Does your Team Viewer software look like this screen shot? If so, please provide the id and passcode from YOUR screen. Ifit doesn't look like that, you may have accidentally clicked on something other than the full team viewer program. here is a DIRECT LINKto what you need. http://download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewer.dmg