Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

Have windows 10, Had Hotmail & IE. Today informed I was

Customer Question
Have windows 10, Had Hotmail &...
Have windows 10,
Had Hotmail & IE.
Today informed I was changed arbitrarily to upgrade(?) to Outlook.
Lost all of my Hotmail contacts & groups which has disabled me personally.
Told I cannot switch back to Hotmail with its contacts and groups.
How can I get my contacts and groups back into my computer to use with Outlook?
Been at this all day and getting frustrated with lack of solutions but I note this has been a problem for others for at least a year or two.
Is there is solution????????????????????????????????????
Nick Matich ***@******.***
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/5/2016
Email technician: Kamil Anwar, Exchange & Email Consultant replied 1 year ago
Kamil Anwar, Exchange & Email Consultant
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. May i connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? Thanks
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
tell me he has a solution and I will then will allow remote solution.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
you have my phone and email so it should be easy to contact me.
If you were upgraded from hotmail.com to the newer outlook.com interface, then your contacts and everything else should have been retained. I've never seen someone losing info, because they were updated automatically unless there is something i am not aware of at this stage. This is the reason why i wanted to remote in to see what exactly happened, i was updated 2-3 days ago as well, and i have all my emails, contacts and everything else pushed into the new interface.
This is a technical problem, and it's best to have a technician take a look at it. BUT if you want to go without remote, i can open the question to other experts who may be able to assist via instructions, but in my opinion remote is best for this type of issue.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I thought you said someone else would be doing my problem
I opted back in to respond. I can opt out again. Please see my messages above and let me know how you wish to proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I had the same problem when I went to windows 10 and t was a simple quick solution, but I forgot how I did it.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If we gp remote how long will it take??
I can't tell how long, depends on the issue but should be less then 30 minutes.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
now? I am about to leave and can wait that long if you are sure.
It should be less then 30 minutes. There is an option on your screen to request remote service, please use that to send me the request.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok
Please click the link below and run/open the downloaded program:https://secure.logmeinrescue.com/R?i=2&Code=595216
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
you and I are on the clock
Please click the link below and run/open the downloaded program:https://secure.logmeinrescue.com/R?i=2&Code=488920
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Why haven't you started?
I'm waiting for you to run the downloaded program so i can connect.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what download program??
from this link:https://secure.logmeinrescue.com/R?i=2&Code=946298
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
now what -- how much of a bill have you run up so far
I am still waiting for you to run the downloaded program, which you need to run by clicking the link i sent. There are no on going cost for remote support, you pay once for remote (what you paid) and the assistance is within it.
Email technician: Jason Jones, Computer Technician replied 1 year ago
Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Greetings, Let's go ahead and get the remote session started. Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.comAfter clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 54 and click the circle button to start the remote application.(After the file finishes downloading, please open the file and run it.)
Are you having any problems with running that remote application after it is downloaded? Which Internet browser are you currently using (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, or something of the like)?
You have not gone to the site and ran the remote, yet. Please, let me know when you are ready to continue.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist