Rylan Sharpe
Rylan Sharpe, IT Manager
Experience:  IT Manager at an internatoinal company
93720025

We save every email in folders accounts. because we

Customer Question

we save every email in folders for our accounts. because we have numerous correspondance, we "reply" and our customers as an ongoing conversation. when we go to move email into their folder & asks if we want to copy & replace so we wind up going into every email and adding . . . or something so we have individual emails by date. anyway if it has the same re: info it could add a suffix of date or time to make each one unique
Category: Email
Expert:  Rylan Sharpe replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Rylan and I am happy to assist you with your question. Can you please confirm what email service and email software you are using? For example, Office 365 and we view our emails in Outlook.
If you use Outlook, while in the inbox, please go to the View tab and the select View Settings. In there, choose the Other Settings button. Finally, on the right side of that window, towards the top, please check the box Allow in-cell Editing. That will not allow you to edit the subject of the emails. I would suggest editing them and then moving them to the folder that you put the old emails, that way it will not try to overwrite the existing emails.