Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Windows 7 Pro search gives emails with BLUE flag that cannot

Customer Question

windows 7 Pro search gives emails with BLUE flag that cannot be opened BUT XL,jpg & pdf can open
Category: Email
Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.Can you post a photo of the blue flag you get on this chat here and let me analyze the problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

give me an email address so I can copy from the search box

barry

you can copy and past it here in this chat box to attach a photo use the paper clip icon.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

give me email address so I can immed seng the blue image...outlook logo?

barry

i am sorry due to privacy policy of the companly i cannot give you personal emails or i can ask customer email or info. You can take a screen shot an post it here on this chat using the attachment funtion.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i have a Photoshop image as .jpg but cannot attach to your reply.

no matter what I try nothing works.

I could easily attach to an email so can you give me any email address

barry

you can click on the paper clip icon on the chat box and then you can attach the jpg file if you are finding problem uploading the file then you may upload it on www.filedropper.com and let me know the download link.
let me know when you are available.I have checked the screenshot you have sent via customer care. I will have to check the programs associated with the files to be opened.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

do you understand the problem?

for decades I can use the Search function to show all files that contain a word or a name.the list may show .jpg or Xl fires and they can be opener with a click BUT all emails have the blue patch and cannot be opened.

this is a recent problem...so please tell me why it happens and how to FIX

Let me know what time you could be online so that i can run a secure remote access and can check the problem and fix it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Michelle

You received my email showing the blue envelopes over the email so why does it happen and how to correct?

I have told you that I cannot open any of the emails BUT can open jpg/pdf & XL files.

I will never allow anyone access to my computer.

Just tell me why it happens and how to remove the blue so I can read the emails

are you using outlook to access your emails
if you open an email from within outlook does it open fine
if you right click on any of the email icon and select open with and then select outlook from the list of programs then does it open fine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

if I right click any email or icon there is a list of about 20 options BUT NONE OFFER "OPEN". there is copy&&&&.

you do not seem to understand the problem.

as I have said many times that Outlook works fine and when I list all recent emails and double click the email opens.

BUT, when I try to track a particular email through Search bar, every item with the selected word, shows in a list, BUT ALL EMAILS HAVE THE BLUE BOX I already sent you PRTSCRN. left or right click or double click...NOTHING HAPPENS.

but if I select a jpg or spreadsheet, it immed opens so I can quickly see if this is the doc I need. with emails..nothing happens so I have to go out of search and spend hours trying to find the email I want.

i have answered all your questions but you seem to just ask them again.

maybe you should get someone else

I have opened the question to other experts.
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello,I will be the person helping you today. I can help you in one of two ways:1) We will communicate back and forth on this page.2) Remote support, which would allow me to take a look at the problem and fix it for you while you watch. In my experiences, remote support saves a lot of time for everybody and is safer because if instructions are not followed correctly, it may make the problem worse or create a new problem.As a side note, both options are covered by a 100% guarantee and fully refundable, if we are not able to fix your problem.If you wish to choose the first option, please let me know so we can begin. If you wish to choose the second, better option, then click the Accept this Offer button for Secure Remote Assistance.Thank you,Jason