Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

My apple TV will not work . I've tried to power off, no help

Customer Question
the lite only flashes. It...
My apple TV will not work . I've tried to power off, no help the lite only flashes. It worked prior for months. Whay is wrong.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Email
4/24/2016
Email technician: Dustin, Email Specialist replied 1 year ago
Dustin, Email Specialist
Experience: Specializing in Thunderbird, Eudora, Outlook, Outlook for Mac, Mac Mail, Windows Live mail, Incredimail and a few others! Also Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. Do you know what version of apple TV you have, if neccessary look on the back or bottom for a model number? To get started, I need to know what type of computer you're using.Windows XP, Widows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Or a Mac. If it's a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows. Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It,s a Dell Inspiron with window 10 .
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yes
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What do you want to do next/
Did you check the apple tv, and try to find the model tag?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The model is A1427
Lets try this.. Unplug the apple TV for five minutes. Then, plug it back i n.. And then, press and hold the Menu and Down keys for at least 6 seconds until the white light on the ATV rapidly blinks. Let go of the buttons and the device will restart. Whether or not this fixes the issue, let me know what happens! I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It will only display appletv reboat.. No lite are lite
So it is displaying something on screen.. it says its rebooting? Or, did you mean something else.. Please try to be as clear as possible in your replies, thank you! Dustin S.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry, it has rebooted and still don't work.
Is nothing at all showing on screen? Do any of the lights flash? Also, I may need to connect to your windows computer, so I can have you connect the Apple TV to the windows computer so we can update the software and try to restore your applle tv. Would you like to try that option, a secure remote connection?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Dustin,
The session on the phone was a complete bust. Nothing you suggested work to correctmy problem. I was disconnected from the support and tried to log again to supportsite, but could no unless I could furnish a s/n on the unit. Model was hard enoughto read but the s/n was completely worn off from sliding across the TV.
You and I never spoke over the phone, Im not sure who you spoke to over the phone but it definitely wasnt me. Did you still need help with this issue?
Dustin, Email Specialist