Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

A friend was sending me photos , i tried to email to another

Customer Question

A friend was sending me photos , i tried to email to another person the 1st pictures I had received, not waiting for all of them downloaded. Now my email acc seems to be locked up! Please, can you help me.
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you tell me please exactly what happens in your email account when you say it is locked up?And how do you access it? Via your web browser? And which one?thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It doesn't load, only the areas where it should be, there stay blank.
I have an iPad, so Aol was downloaded from the App Store, so I just tap on the icon.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksCan you hold the home and power buttons on the iPad for about 10 seconds until you see the Apple Logo then release.Let the iPad restart and tell me please if it then loads correctly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It didn't work, nothing happened.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Did you see the Apple Logo?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
your accessing AOL via Safari on the iPad?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not satisfied , I cant keep spending more money, please don't charge me.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I am not asking for more money, I am asking you how you access AOL
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Probably through safari, that's my search engine.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksLaunch the Settings app from the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad.Scroll down and tap on Safari.Again, scroll down to the bottom and tap on Advanced.Now tap on Website Data.This is where you'll see all the sites storing data via Safari. Scroll to the botom and tap on Remove All Website Data.You'll be asked to confirm you'd like to delete all data with a detailed explanation of what it does. Just tap Remove Now to confirm.Once done, hold the home and power buttons on the iPad for about 10 seconds until you see the Apple Logo then release.Let the iPad restart and tell me please if it then loads correctly.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
how did you go with this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing changed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can see you're sending emails, but can't open them
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, then its not safari you use, so not sure what your using if you cannot tell me.Can you go to the App Store and download and install the app AOL MailOpen it and access your emails via this.Tell me if you then get your emails please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My son loaded all my apps , so I will contact him to see how he did it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only the ones I haven't opened.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, but you just search for it in the App Store, then download and install the app and open it.Are you able to do this please?