Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I have a private event. I clicked on the name of one

Customer Question

Hi! I have a private event. I clicked on the name of one of my guests and she is out of my list now. I tried to put her name on the list but I can't. She responded yes to my invitation but she is not on the list anymore. Please help.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Leticia, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?Also, how did you create the event? Is it with your Gmail account?Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a Facebook invitation. I am using a MacBook Air. I created the event and I am the host. There is no Gmail involved here. Please respond ASAP.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for writing back with that information.Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix your FB issues while you watch?Please let me know so that I can assist you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot pay $26.00 for this. Can you give me instructions?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Leticia,I believe this is what happened to your case. Please confirm if this is correct.You created a private event and invited people.The guest that is now missing originally responded YES Then you accidentally clicked on his/her name in the list which actually removed him/herIs this correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, correct.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Leticia for writing back with that confirmation.Unfortunately, since you removed a guest from the list of attendees, your CANNOT add or invite him/her back. That is how invitations or events work in Facebook.Here is the main reason: When you removed the guest, Facebook will no longer send him future notification regarding updates and/or changes the event. The person WAS NOT notified about him being removed, but that is the effect of the removal, he will lost notification about your event thus, RE-INVITING is not possible.Please refer to this Facebook link:https://www.facebook.com/help/230237443659852Since the removed guest no longer receives future notification about the event, you can no longer invite him on the SAME event.Also, this is re-affirmed by a FB moderator in this link:https://www.facebook.com/help/community/question/?id=10205816494925327I am sorry if this is bad new for you and I hate to be the bearer of this bad news. It is just unfortunate that this is how Facebook processes events and notifications. At this point you placed a deposit and I will only get credit for answering your question if you rate positively (3 to 5 stars/faces). It is up to you if you want to credit me for my time and help or not. Your deposit is refundable should you wish not to pay. But please do not rate me negatively (1-2 stars/faces) if you do not want to pay because of this bad news. You can leave my service unrated.I hope I at least save you some time/Thank you for using our service. If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not want my guest to feel that I wrote her out of my party. Please tell me how to add again a guest to my list. I hope she has not seen her name out of my list yet. She responded yes to my invitation.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Leticia, Thank you for writing back. Like I already mentioned, there is NO WAY that you can add the guest that you already removed from the list. Facebook will NOT allow you to do that. Also, when you accidentally removed the guest from the list, he or she was NOT notified about it but she no longer see your event on his or her events list.Now, if you really want to add this guest again, your only option is to create a NEW event and then invite all your desired guests. If you do this, I suggest that you remove the previous event first and then create a new event and invite your desired guests.Here is the link on how to delete an event:https://www.facebook.com/help/103855246372417 I hope that helped.Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.Thank you!Best regards,Jess