Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience:  I am a technology professional with 18 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).
93256567

I used to have a hotmail account which I use everyday numerous

Customer Question

I used to have a hotmail account which I use everyday numerous times. I was texted by a number saying the password ***** to be changed with a code. I have now lost my account and cannot recover it
Category: Email
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Hi Brad. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.What is the email address you are having the problem with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
***@******.***
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. One moment please.
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Are you getting email at your xa*****@outlook.com email address?If so, I need the full address.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not getting anything at my hotmail address right now. I have no access to it
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
I'm referring to your Outlook.com email address.Are you able to get email at that address?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I cannot get my email through Outlook right now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my full email address is:***@******.***
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
A reset code will have to be sent to that address. When will you have access to that account?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no access to that account as I have no longer a valid password
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
What is the full address of your Outlook.com account?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you call me at:(###) ###-####
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
https://account.live.com/password/reset
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I'm afraid we can't call you or perform remote work, because your payment for premium services failed. However, we can certainly continue assisting via chat!It is possible to recover your account, but you will need a working email account to do so. Do you have any working account currently? If not, you will first need to create one...a free account from Google or Yahoo, etc., would be fine.When you can, reply here with a working email address. At that point, we can help get the matter reported go Microsoft, and they will contact you through the new email address requesting identity verification. Then you'll be on your way toward regaining access to your account!You probably already know, but the text message you received was part of a scam. Your account is currently being used for nefarious purposes, unfortunately, and it will take time to recover from that even after you are able to access the account again.