Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

Two people with separate iPhones are accessing a live.com

Customer Question

Hi two people with separate iPhones are accessing a live.com email address. Only one of us gets a notification sound when a new email arrives on that account and it's not me. Why is this happening. I believe it is an imap format? I have also tried the deleting of the email account and adding it back again with no success.
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

On the iPhone can you hold the home and power buttons for about 10 seconds until you see the Apple Logo then release.

Let the iPhone restart and when it has, tell me if you now get the sound please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok- I tried that just now and it's not working. It still waits until I click on the email account and then fetches the mail.
Is it because it is being sent to the other phone first?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

You mean they are both accessing the same live.com address?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, it will because of this as its only going to send the event out to one phone. The other phone then uses a polling system which you see as it is retrieving the email only when you go to the email account.

If you remove the email account from both phones, then add it to yours first, it should then notify you instead.

Or you can use the outlook app from the app store, which should give a notification for both devices.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi are you available for a question today?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

I am.... but you never rated me on the work I did for you Pete, meaning I never was paid...

Was there a specific reason for this?