Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

What does this error message in Outlook (on my mac)

Customer Question
mean? 5.2.3 guidelines. c36sm11651566otb.38 - gsmtp Details...
What does this error message in Outlook (on my mac) mean?
5.2.3 guidelines. c36sm11651566otb.38 - gsmtp
Details - Mail could not be sent.
Thanks,
Greg
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Email
4/13/2016
Email technician: Eric Ewing, IT Pro replied 1 year ago
Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience: I am a technology professional with 18 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).
Hi Greg! My name is ***** ***** I am an independent technology expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. It is my pleasure to assist you today.The error you are receiving means that the email is too big (filesize is too large) to be sent. Do you have an attachment on the message?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yes. I can't find the 'outgoing mail' folder though to delete it. I've looked in Outlook and Gmail....
Hmmm...it should be inside your main Outbox folder. Do you have any messages in Outbox at all (even if it's not the one you're looking for)?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello Eric,Can you please give me instructions on how to access my 'Outbox' on Outlook for Mac 2011? I go to the 'Window' Menu and 'Progress' and stop sending of the 3 emails with huge attachments, but the next time I open the program, the sending starts over again. Maybe I should delete them on GMAIL? I'm not sure...
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Never mind man. I figured it out. For future reference:Use the Progress window to stop a messageDisplaying the Outbox while sending messages made stopping an outgoing message easy for someone with a last second change of heart. An Outlook user could click the Outbox and stop the message during the few seconds between clicking the Send button and the time the message was transferred to the mail server.However, even with the Outbox missing he can still stop a message if he’s quick enough. Assume he’s just clicked Send and now wants to stop the message.Hit the keyboard shortcut Command + 7 to open the Progress window. This is the same as selecting Window menu –> Progress but the keyboard shortcut is much faster.
Click the Cancel button (gray “X”) to the right of the outgoing message to stop the transfer. If the progress bar completes and the message disappears from the Progress window then stopping it was too late.
Progress window Cancel button
Quickly, select Outlook menu –> Work Offline. This stops any Send & Receive schedules from running.
The Outbox now appears at the bottom of the Navigation pane on the left just above the buttons for changing Outlook views.
Outbox
Click the Outbox to display pending outgoing messages. Open it to make last minute edits, move it or delete it.
Select Outlook menu –> Work Offline again to re-enable Outlook’s schedules.
Hi Greg! I'm very glad to hear that you were able to resolve your issue, and appreciate your sharing the "how" with me. I will keep that in mind should I be presented with a similar issue in the future.I will escalate our Q&A session to the JustAnswer.com customer service team and ask them if they will refund your fee, seeing as how I was unable to assist you. I do hope you might consider coming back to see us if you should ever have a computer question in the future, though!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks Eric. If you are able to do so I will give you a good rating.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist