Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I am trying to recover use of my email account without success.

Customer Question

I am trying to recover use of my email account without success. I do not know my original password ***** have many recent codes etc sent to me over the last few days. if help can be provided please do so. thank you
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ed, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?Can you please tell me the problem email account so that I can check your recovery options?Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
windows. email account is/was***@******.***
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for writing back with that information.Do you still have access to your alternate email that is also a hotmail? (sk***** @ hotmail.com)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no access to the potential email address of which you write. does not look familiar to me.
is this assistance real or have I spent five dollars on another fruitless adventure?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
This assistance is real and I am trying to help you.You mentioned that you received codes sent to you. Where did you get the codes? On your mobile phone or on your other email account?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
through other peoples efforts to connect with Microsoft. they helped me create a new email account for Microsoft to get back to us on. that was three days ago
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Microsoft seems to want more info than I can provide but they suggested this web link to contact you. that is how I got this far
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Have you tried to submit the recovery form wherein you were asked for your personal information, the subjects of your last emails sent, the contacts you recently sent emails to, etc?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes. I have also phoned them at Microsoft.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I am very sorry, I cannot help you further with this problem. I will opt out so that my colleagues can assist you further.Thank you for using our service.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Ed. My name is*****'d be happy to give this a go. Would you be willing to allow me to remotely connect to your computer and try to to get this reset while you watch? That's a PREMIUM SERVICE and it's usually rather costly, but I will offer it for the lowest price that we are allowed to charge ($5) because I believe that it will be the easiest and fastest way to fix this. I will need to you ask for personal information such as your email address and possibly your account name and password ***** you know it. We are not allowed to exchange personal information on the chat box as it would be visible to all users of the site. For that reason, a remote connection works well, as we can chat privately, while I am connected to your computer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already spent five dollars on this today as well as four days of phone calls etc. I am at this point ready to give up and declare my email address lost. Thank you for your efforts on your end. I guess [email protected] is no more.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome. I wish that you would at least let me try but if you're done, I understand. have a good day!