Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

I accidentally deleted my new mail and trash folder. i have

Customer Question
i accidentally deleted my new...
i accidentally deleted my new mail and trash folder. i have icloud. how do i get the mail back?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/11/2016
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. So you have deleted a new email message, and then you emptied the trash? Is that what happened?Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i was actually trying to free up space on my iphone. i deleted my new mail and trash folders. i did a reset with erase all content and settings hoping my recent icloud backup would put my mail back. after the phone resets, the mail shows up in the folder, but disappears after i click on it
Thank you for writing back. Are you saying that your Mail app is no longer loading now?Or are you saying that your Mail app is working, but then, when you tap a particular email message, it disappeared?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
so after the reset and my mail and aol apps reload, the new mail folder has the mail in it that i deleted. that mail disappears after i try to open it. i thought the icloud would reinstall the mail that was lost.
Have you checked if your contacts are intact?Also, have you checked if your old phone data are backed up in iCloud Drive?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
contacts are intact. how do i check the contents of the icloud drive?
Please refer to this link:https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201104
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok. that has icloud mail in it. what about mail that i had in my aol mail folders
If your device, before you reset it, was setup to backup your AOL emails as well, then your AOL emails shall be backed up in your iCloud Drive. Please check your iCould drive again.ThanksJess
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i see nothing that points me in the direction of any mail besides icloud mail, which i dont use. i use aol app for my mail
when the phone was reset, or reloaded from icloud backup, was aol app loaded as well? or did you manually install the aol app after the reset?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i believe i had to install it manually, im not positive though
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i guess whats throwing me off is after the reset, the mail reappears for a minute. so i a m trying to find it.
Here is the link in restoring from your iCloud backup:https://support.apple.com/kb/ph12521?locale=en_USIf you have already did this restore process and yet your AOL app was not loaded, then you need to manually install aol app.But also allow your device to fully complete the restore. At the bottom part of the procedures in the link I gave you, there you can check if the information on your device is fully restored.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok im not getting anywhere. i know the mail still exists somewhere, because ive seen it. im at a dead end i guess.
Please check first if the icloud backup was fully restored.To check if the information on your device is fully restored, go to Settings > iCloud > StorageorSettings > iCloud > Storage & Backup on an iOS 7 device
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok what would tell me its not completely restored?
What do you see on Storage?
Or Storage and Backup
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
35.6 GB available
And the total storage space is? The point of checking is to compare your previous storage with the storage you have now. If before the reset you have 20GB available, and now you have 35.6 BG available, the information or data on your device was not fully restored...
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
59 Gb Total
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
So I should try to restore it again?
So 23.4BG is used up. That is a reasonable data size.Yes, please try to run the restore again and make sure that the device has enough battery or connect it to AC power source so that the restore will not be affected by power issues or low battery.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok.
Please take your time. If your iCloud backup includes all the emails that you wish to be restored, then they will be restored. But if the iCloud backup did not include some emails like your AOL, they will not be restored.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist