Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Email Expert
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, Expert in Large Email Platforms
23511658

How do I restore my Ipad with out a password

Customer Question

How do I restore my Ipad with out a password ***** tried everything and I still need a password ***** an accout that I don't have any more
Category: Email
Expert:  BigDish101 replied 1 year ago.
Have you tried going to http://iforgot.apple.com to try to reset your password?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes and it says the email do not exist
Expert:  BigDish101 replied 1 year ago.
Does the iPad not show the Apple ID of the account that it is asking the password *****?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No let's continue. Yes the ID shows up in the place but the password ***** not exist. I want to restore to factory default and I can't because of the password
Expert:  BigDish101 replied 1 year ago.
So you're saying when entering that ID into http://iforgot.apple.com it says it does not exist?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes and I just want to restore it to the factory default and just start over like new
Expert:  BigDish101 replied 1 year ago.
Well you have to realize the password ***** ***** anti-theft feature and is not easily bypassed. You're going to need to get into the icloud account that is associated with the iPad and disable activation lock or reset the password ***** you can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
believe me I've tried and the password ***** not exist
Expert:  BigDish101 replied 1 year ago.
Are you sure you are entering the apple ID correctly? It's not possible for a non-existent apple ID to be associated with a device. Be sure L is not in the place of I and vice versa. What is the exact error iforgot.apple.com is giving you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It will not let me enter the ID it's already there. I just enter the password. I need to move on and reset it or stop
Expert:  BigDish101 replied 1 year ago.
Um, http://iforgot.apple.com will let you enter anything you type into it for the apple id. If something is already entered delete it and enter the apple id exactly as it is on the ipad where it is asking for the password.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok you don't understand I've tried that and It doesn't work so can you help me reset it to factory or not. I've tried apple support and they can't help over the phone. If you can't or won't let me know so I can move on. Right now I'm running out of patience.
Expert:  BigDish101 replied 1 year ago.
There is no way for a third party to bypass activation lock for you. If you are unable to regain access to your Apple ID you will need to take the device to a Apple store to get it unlocked.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why did you tell me that in the first place and not waste my time. I told you what was going on and you lead me on. I would like to cancel my service and not charge my card since you didn't fix the problem
Expert:  BigDish101 replied 1 year ago.
I don't understand how you were expecting anyone to bypass activation lock for you. I tried to help you recover access to you apple ID which is the only method other than going to a apple store.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I told you up front and was lead to believe you could help. The Id does not exist and I can't enter the password ***** get it to work. I don't know how many times I told you that and everything you told me to try I had already done that.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.Sorry for the wait. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't need the help I requested a refund cause after a long period of time I new you could not help.
What you can donis create a new apple ID and then use that to set up the iPad. It will be completely reset, since you are using a new ID, but it is the only option if you cannot access your previous account.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried that last night and that didn't work so I ask for refund since I'm not satisfied with your service and you keep me going I circles.