IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I can receive email but I cannot send email on mi I-4. all

Customer Question

I can receive email but I cannot send email on mi I-4. all my settings match the apple mail settings look up page from apple.
Category: Email
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is***** am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.Please tell me if you use your e-mail account on another device as well, such as a computer, or only on your iPhone?I am awaiting your reply.Thanks,IT Miro
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes on my home pc.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
OK. Are you able to send and receive e-mails there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes no problem. my only problem is sending email from my I phone and I was able to do that up till dec 2015 according to the sent folder on my phone. this happened once before and it was a simple fix but I just don't remember.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
OK. Let me know the last part of your e-mail address and I will check for the correct e-mail settings, and will let you know what to do. Example:@*****@******.***@aol.cometc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
@Comcast.net
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the information! Here are the correct server settings for a @Comcast.net e-mail account: Incoming Mail:- incoming mail server type: IMAP- incoming mail server name: imap.comcast.net- incoming mail server port: 993- SSL enabled: yes Outgoing Mail:- outgoing mail server type: SMTP- outgoing mail server name: smtp.comcast.net- outgoing mail server port: 587- SSL enabled: yes- username: full comcast e-mail address- outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication: yes Since you can receive, but cannot send e-mails, you only need to check the outgoing mail server settings. So, on your iPhone, go to the home screen, then tap on Settings and then tap on Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Tap on your Comcast e-mail account and review/edit the settings to match the ones I sent you. Let me know if you corrected the problem. Regards,IT Miro
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that's what is already there.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Those are the correct server settings. In case it still doesn't work, you can remove the e-mail account from your iPhone and re-add it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I called my brother and he suggested I retype my outgoing password ***** it worked! I knew it was something simple!
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
OK, great.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Now when this problem has been solved, let me know if there is anything else I can help you with. Regards,IT Miro