Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

Have a hotmail account that my attorneys need about 2000

Customer Question
Hi Have a hotmail account...
Hi Have a hotmail account that my attorneys need about 2000 emails in four different files. Since folders only include titles and not content, ( I am guessing), can i open a it in an Outlook account and then be able to give them the complete files? Or is there a better way? Thanks, Dan
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Email
3/30/2016
Email technician: toughguy9, Computer Enthusiast replied 1 year ago
toughguy9
toughguy9, Computer Enthusiast

Hi Dan,

Thanks for using JustAnswer. This is Leela and I will help you with question today.

You can easily save emails as .EML file. just open Outlook select what all emails you want to SAVE and SHARE with your attorney. Right Click and select "COPY" option and then create a FOLDER and in that folder, right click and select PASTE option. You will get all those emails as files with extension msg which can be opened anywhere with a OUTLOOK client.

Hope this helps.

Please let me know if you have any further queries.

If you need, I can do a quick remote session and show you how to do the same. Please let me know.

All the best.

Thanks,

Leela

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
HI,
Not working out to be that simple. The emails I'm trying to get a copy of are put into folders besides the inbox all in outlook.com which doesn't seem to give me any options to copy or export. The next option is Outlook 2016 which I opened. It has none of the emails that are in the folders just the inbox. The email is set up; as "exchange active sync". I do have an outlook 2007 still on this computer tho I haven't used it much. What would you suggest based on what I've got to work with?Thanks much!
Hi Dan,
Thanks for your update.I am sorry for any confusion, I instructions I gave are for Outlook email client, if you can set up your outlook client installed on your computer and configure outlook.com account in that, that will download all your emails from outlook.com to your Outlook client.
Please make sure you choose to keep a copy of the email on outlook.com while configuring outlook client.Please feel free to let me know if you need steps to configure outlook client with outlook.com.Thanks,
Leela
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks - so do I set it up as pop mail or imap? The exchange active sync isn't bringing all the email in.
Please use imap. The following link should help http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/email/setting-outlookcom-imap-account/&lc=en-IN&s=1&m=77&host=www.google.co.in&ts=1459481834&sig=APY536y8Gv1tX0RJBQfPFe6SDmtrlldLig
toughguy9
toughguy9
toughguy9, Computer Enthusiast