Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist
Experience:  B.Tech, I have 10+ years of experience in fixing email issues.
33602187

I deleted my Dropbox on one of my computers to make hard

Customer Question

I deleted my Dropbox on one of my computers to make hard disk space as it is over 100gb
I don't want to lose these files on my other devices
Will they delete my other devices in 30days??
Dropbox sent me an email that seems to imply this
Thanks
bob
Category: Email
Expert:  Sandy replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.

This is a question and answer session. Please do not hesitate to reply back to me at the box given below.

Dropbox does not save the files on computer hard drive. It saves the files online and does not take space on computer hard drive.

Do you have a paid version of Dropbox or free version.

If paid version, then what is the date of renewal?

Please let me know once.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe I have a paid version, how do I find out?
Expert:  Sandy replied 1 year ago.

May I connect with you remotely to check/fix the issue directly?

Remote support can save a lot of time. I will fix the issue while you stay in front of your computer. It is 100% safe and secure.

Expert:  Sandy replied 1 year ago.

Once you accept the remote support offer, please click the link:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=a823bb44-803d-437c-9122-4799c486d226

Scroll down on that page and click "I Agree".

Download/allow and run this program to start remote session.

Expert:  Sandy replied 1 year ago.

Okay, please tell me how much data is saved under Dropbox? if it more than 2 GB, then generally, it is paid version if you have not refereed any friend to Dropbox.

Expert:  Sandy replied 1 year ago.

As per Dropbox:

If you delete your Dropbox account, your files and account information on the dropbox account will removed from Drop box servers after 30 days.

Since you have deleted your dropbox account, that is why you have received this message.

But, they can not delete any data/files from your devices like other computer or mobile. So, you don't need to worry about this.

There is no need for remote support in this case now.

If you have any other query regarding this issue, please reply back to me at the box given below.

Please take a second to rate my service by clicking stars at the top of the screen then submit. Bonus/tip is highly appreciated.

Thank you, ***** *****

Expert:  Sandy replied 1 year ago.

Also, please understand what happens when one close his/her dropbox account:

A few things happen when you close dropbox account:

• Any computers or mobile devices that have been linked with Dropbox will stop syncing.
  • You will no longer be able to access your account on the Dropbox website
  • You will no longer be able to edit files in shared folders

• Note: Closing your account won't remove the files in the Dropbox folder on your hard drive, or the files in folders that you've shared with others.

If you still have any other query, please reply back to me at the box given below.

I'm also ready to provide you phone support for this if you have queries regarding this.

Thank you, ***** *****

Expert:  Sandy replied 1 year ago.

I'm following up with you to see how everything is going.

Do you still need help with this?

If you have any other query regarding this issue, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else please take a second to rate my service by clicking the stars at the top of the screen thensubmit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you, ***** *****