Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

I was composing an email via my Hotmail account, when I went

Customer Question
Hi, I was composing an...
Hi, I was composing an email via my Hotmail account, when I went to send it, I got a message that I needed to log in again. So I saved the email as a draft, rcv'd confirmation that it was saved, and when I logged back in the majority of the content was gone from my draft. Is there any way to retrieve that text? Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/23/2016
Email technician: Dustin, Email Specialist replied 1 year ago
Dustin, Email Specialist
Experience: Specializing in Thunderbird, Eudora, Outlook, Outlook for Mac, Mac Mail, Windows Live mail, Incredimail and a few others! Also Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you're using.

Windows XP, Widows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Or a Mac.

If it's a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows.

Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Also, did you access hotmail via a web browser.. Or were you using an email program such as outlook 2010, Thunderbird, windows mail, mac mail, etc ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi, I am using an HP laptop with Windows 10. I accessed Hotmail by going to my MSN homepage, clicked on the Outlook.com link on the page and signed in to me Hotmail account.

Ouch..

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but this is what were facing.. Since you accessed and wrote the draft through your web browser, then theres no physical copy of the draft we could restore. ( Such as if you were using the outlook 2013 mail program, or the free thunderbird or windows live mail program )

With that being said, it appears what happened was there was an issue with your browsers cookies.. Specifically the login cookie. When it signed you out of hotmail , and you t hen saved the draft.. It didnt actually save. ( since you were logged out )

so when you signed in again the last version of the draft y ou are seeing is an older version, as depending on your autosave settings it may only save the draft every five minutes, or 3 minutes, depending on the setting you have set.

Long story short. Since this all happened on the outlook.com server. Theres nothing we can do to restore the draft ( that never actually saved because you were logged out when it tried to save )

We can try to repair your browser to prevent this from happening again.

To help you repair the browser, I would need to know specifically what browser you used.. What did the icon look like.. Was it the new windows 10 microsoft edge browser, was it google chrome, or mozilla firefox? Or the old internet explorer with the yellow slash across the lower case e ?

D.S

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I appreciate the information, but the exact content is what I need, I saved the draft several times prior to attempting to send the email and when I was prompted to log back in, which I did, the draft that was saved had to have been from earlier this afternoon and not even the draft I saved supposedly successfully prior to receiving the prompt that I needed to log in again. While I appreciate the offer to repair my browser that's not what I need at this time, I urgently need the content of not even necessarily the draft that I last saved but possibly a previous version containing more of the content.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is this an instant chat? I thought we were able to chat live online for more real time interaction. Is that possible?
Dustin, Email Specialist