Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

My computer was hacked so I changed my password & didn't it

Customer Question
My computer was hacked so...
My computer was hacked so I changed my password & didn't wright it down. My back up email address was deleted 2 years ago. I did change my password ***** my IPhone so I am still getting my emails there but I need to access them from my computer. How can I retrieve my password?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Email
3/18/2016
Email technician: GeekGal, Email Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Email Support Specialist

Hi there. My name is*****'m a certified computer professional with 15 years of experience. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this Do you use the gmail app on your iphone or do you by chance access it through Safari? If you access it by goign to gmail through Safari there is a possibility that we can retrieve the password ***** the saved passwords in Safari. Please advise.

Thank you for that information. I do apologize, I had stepped away from the computer for a few minutes. I will provide step by step instructions for you momentarily.

If you can log-in to email through safari, then you can use the following steps to recover your password.

1. Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
  2. Tap on Safari.
  3. Tap on Passwords & AutoFill under the General section.
  4. Tap on either Saved Passwords or Saved Credit Cards.
  5. Enter your 4-digit passcode if you are prompted to do so.
  6. In this list, find the login you'd like to view the password ***** and tap on it.
  7. Here you can see the login credentials for that specific account.

If this works for you, please take a moment to rate my service. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. If you it didn't work, or you need more help, please let me know so we can continue to work together. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Password ***** ***** there

Is there any chance that you know the answers to your security questions? If you think you might, try this:

Let’s begin by going to https://i.aol.com/account/password/start. There you will need to enter your username, which is often the same as your aol email address. You'll also need to complete the captcha (type in the letters and or numbers that you see in the box below) where you entered your user id/email. Then click next. Now you'll see a screen where you can type in your alternate email address. Since you do not have you do not have access to that email address, click on More Verification Methods. Next click beside Answer Security Questions. Complete the questions and click next. You will then see a screen where you can type in a new password. You will need to type it in twice, then click next. You should see a message on the next page that your password ***** been reset.

If you don't know the answers to the security questions, don't worry, we can still get your password *****

Please click on the link below and choose either email or chat. I recommend live online chat as it is usually faster.

If you will explain the situation to them and tell them that you can get your email on your phone but not anywhere else and that you can't reset your password ***** normal means, they will email a link to your aol email which you can open on your phone and use to reset your password.

https://help.aol.com/contact

Once you are back in, please take a moment to

Please take a moment to update your alternate email address and to add a second email account. This information will be used to help you regain access to your account if you ever lose it again.

Please let me know if this resolves your problem. Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I fixed it through my domain host. Thank you for your help though.

you're welcome.

GeekGal
GeekGal
GeekGal, Email Support Specialist