Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Can I get my inactive yahoo address working again even

Customer Question
though I have changed my...
can I get my inactive yahoo address working again even though I have changed my phone number?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Email
3/6/2016
Email technician: Jared Schwager,
 replied 2 years ago
Jared Schwager

Hello and thanks for choosing JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'd be more than happy to assist you.

Email technician: Jared Schwager,
 replied 2 years ago

Is there a recovery email address associated with your Yahoo account by any chance?

no there isn't. I wish I did.
All I have is my old email address and password
my email address became inactive about a month ago and I have changed my phone number since.
Email technician: Jared Schwager,
 replied 2 years ago

Okay. Let me look into this a little bit further for you. I'll be with you in just a moment.

Email technician: Jared Schwager,
 replied 2 years ago

What is the Yahoo email address you are having issues with?

I only want it back so I can access my facebook page
Email technician: Jared Schwager,
 replied 2 years ago

When was the last time you signed into this Yahoo email?

the end of September last year
Email technician: Jared Schwager,
 replied 2 years ago

Hmmm. Yahoo accounts are only de-activated unless they are 12 months inactive which doesn't seem to fit this situation. Did you have a phone number associated with your Facebook account?

my old phone number
Email technician: Jared Schwager,
 replied 2 years ago

Ah so both Facebook and Yahoo are linked to your old phone number.

Email technician: Jared Schwager,
 replied 2 years ago

It seems that in this situation the only remaining option would be to get in touch with Yahoo's customer service team. They can be reached at +1(###) ###-####

Email technician: Jared Schwager,
 replied 2 years ago

I've confirmed on the Facebook side there's no other options unfortunately. Yahoo should be able to help you out however so you can get back up and running again.

ok , thanks I guess
that was a waste of money
Email technician: Jared Schwager,
 replied 2 years ago

I'm very sorry that I couldn't provide a better answer. Unfortunately Facebook and Yahoo are pretty tight on security and they need a way to verify who you are.

ok, I understand. its all my fault I'm so stupid sorry
Email technician: Jared Schwager,
 replied 2 years ago

No you're not stupid. Things happen. The last thing you think of when you get a new phone number is ***** your email and Facebook. I would definitely try that Yahoo number though. That resolved another issue like this that I assisted a customer with in the past.

ok
Email technician: Jared Schwager,
 replied 2 years ago

Please consider providing me with a rating on my service today. I hope you have a great day and that everything works out for you. Thanks!