Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My router is: TP-LINK_5GHZ_5E9CEB I misplaced my password…

Customer Question
My router is:...
My router is: TP-LINK_5GHZ_5E9CEB I misplaced my password ***** I need to provide it to people staying in my apt. Thank you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Email
3/4/2016
Email technician: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

There are a couple of ways to go about this. First can you tell me which version of windows or mac you are using as we may be able to recover the password ***** the computer itself

OS Yosemite

Excellent. You should have this password ***** on the mac in the key chain. Try the following but if you cannot find it here we have other options as well so just let me know.

Go to Applications and then choose Utilities and open the Keychain Access app. On the left side field, click System, and in the left field Category click Passwords. From here, you can double-click on each network in the "Name" column, and click the "Show password" box to show the network password. You will want to look for your home wireless name if you have more than one network listed. Also you may have to enter your Mac's Username/Password ***** view each Network Password.

Give that a try and if it works please remember to rate my service. If you cannot locate the password ***** way reply back and we will try another way.

Thanks,

Chris

If you were not able to recover the password ***** the computer you need to log into the router to get the password.

Here is how.

Open the web browser and in the address bar type in default access of the router, the default access of TP-LINK routers could be http://192.168.1.1,http://192.168.0.1 or http://tplinklogin.net. For how to find it please click here. And then press Enter.

Type the username and password ***** the login page. The default username and password ***** are admin. (if that doesn't work it means someone changed the default log in so you will need that information from whoever set this router up if you don't know it or reset the router to factory defaults which will require it to be set up from scratch)

Next click Wireless on the left and then clock Wireless Security, from the wireless security page you should be able to see or change your wireless password.

If you need further help please do not hesitate to reply and let me know.

Thank You