Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I cant access my gmail account. Its been inactive since

Customer Question
October, 2014. Forgot password. I...
I cant access my gmail account. Its been inactive since October, 2014. Forgot password. I don't have the cell phone number that's on the account for recovery and the recovery account I don't have password ***** access it either.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Email
3/2/2016
Email technician: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

This can be a very difficult situation if you do not have the phone number any longer. Also the fact that you have not logged in in two years could mean the account is no longer active. If it is letting you go through the password ***** procedure then the account is likely active but google states the following "We reserve the right to delete the data in your account after 9 months of inactivity. However, reserving the right is different from declaring that we always will take that action. This does not mean Google definitely delete your data after 9 months of inactivity. However it's possible that Google might delete your data after 9 months of inactivity.

Please read through them once before you try so you understand.

Go to the following link to begin the recovery.

https://accounts.google.com/RecoverAccount?fpOnly=1.

Enter the account you need access to, type the characters in the distorted image, and click the link at the bottom of the following page to verify your identity and access the form.

Then you need to answer these questions,

When was the last time you were able to sign in to your Google Account? (take your best guess)

When did you create your Google Account? (take your best guess try and get at least the year correct)

Email addresses of up to five frequently emailed contacts (name as many as you can)

Name of up to four labels or folders in your gmail account (name as many as you can)

Select up to 4 other Google products you use with this account, and the approximate date you started using them. These could be things like youtube or google plus.

What is most important is you do not guess. You need to provide as much correct info as you can. So if you do not know something skip it but try not to skip everything or they will not let you in.

Take time to fill out each section of the form to the best of your ability. It was designed to ensure that no one can gain access to your account except you.

If you cannot remember the exact dates of you started using gmail or the last time you used it take your best guess.

Since Google doesn't collect a lot of information about you when you sign up for an account, they will ask you questions like when you created your account, what Google services you use, and who you email frequently.

If you fill out the recovery form and aren't successful on the first try, you can try again. Make sure to wait until you receive our reply before you submit another report. Important: Try to provide as much information as possible on each attempt. Each submission is evaluated independently.

You may need to go through this a couple of times. Fill in the information the best you can and try not to leave too much blank. The questions we ask to verify your identity are intentionally difficult. Answer as many questions as possible, and make sure your answers are accurate. If you’re unsure about an answer, provide your best guess. If you fail 3 or 4 times in a row you will be shown an option to have a representative call you to help more.

Please do me a favor and take a moment to rate my service by clicking the stars above, 3 or more is very appreciated, we can still chat after rating if you need more help.

Thanks,

Chris