Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Recently I received and email saying my password to my Apple…

Customer Question
Recently I received and email...
Recently I received and email saying my password ***** my Apple I tunes account has been changed successfully. The problem is I could never remember my password, and feel my account has been compromised. When I try to reset the account I keep going through the cycle to no avail. Would the person who reset my account have access to my icloud and phone?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/2/2016
Email technician: GeekGal, Email Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Email Support Specialist

Good morning, My name is*****'m a certified computer professional with 15 years of experience. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Anyone who has your account password ***** have access to icloud and anything that is stored there.

I am uploading a pdf file with the steps that you should follow to try to reset your password, but if you've already tried that without success, the next steps are shown below.

If you think your Apple ID was compromised, use the steps below to gain control of it and review your account information:

1. Sign in to My Apple ID (appleid.apple.com). If you can't sign in or you receive a message that the account is locked when you try to sign in, go to iforgot.apple.com. Then try to reset or unlock your account. If you still can't sign in, contact Apple Support.
  2. Change your Apple ID password, and choose a strong password.
  3. Review all the personal and security information in your account. Update any information that isn't correct or that you don’t recognize, including:
  4. Check with your email address provider to make sure that you control every email address associated with your Apple ID. If you don't control the email addresses associated with the Apple ID, you should change the password ***** the email address or use a different email address.
  5. Consider setting up two-step verification for your Apple ID.

If you completed the steps above and think your account might still be compromised, contact Apple Support.

If this information that I have provided has been helpful to you, kindly take a moment to rate my service. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. If you need more help, please let me know so we can continue to work together. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!