Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I am trying to download an app to an ipad that belongs to a…

Customer Question
I am trying to download...
I am trying to download an app to an ipad that belongs to a non-profit organization. I do not have the apple id. the email addess on the account is***@******.***.
I have contacted jw walker , he does not know the password ***** was set up several years ago.
How can I change the apple id or get a new password?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Email
3/1/2016
Email technician: Josh, Computer Enthusiast replied 2 years ago
Josh, Computer Enthusiast

The issue that you have is actually going to be a problem for you because there is no way to override his password.

Ask the previous owner to enter their Apple ID and password ***** the Activate iPhone screen to remove the device from their account. He can reset his password ***** their site.

If the previous owner isn't present, contact them and ask them to follow these steps to remove the device from their account:

1. Sign in to iCloud with their Apple ID.
  2. Go to Find My iPhone.
  3. Select All Devices to open a list of devices linked to their account, then select the device to be removed.
  4. Click Remove from Account.

After the previous owner removes the device from their account, turn off the device and then turn it back on to begin the setup process.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.