Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My MSN mail is hung up on the server and won't download to…

Customer Question
My MSN mail is hung...
My MSN mail is hung up on the server and won't download to Mail Version 5.3 on my Mac. If I go to the website "outlook.com" the mail does download. I can see the mail on Mail when I go to "get account info" but my only option there is to delete it. I can't see a way to force it to load. Could you help please?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Email
2/28/2016
Email technician: Cody, Senior Systems Administrator replied 2 years ago
Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

What email program are you using?

Mail Version 5.3 on my Mac
It would be great if you fixed it remotely. However, I'm concerned that it will happen again and I need to understand the steps to fix it myself.
Hi Cody… Are you still there?
When you come back , please refund any money I paid. I didn't get any help. Hope you understand. Cheers

I'm here, do you want to continue?

Can you help?
Did you see the question? Did it make sense?

Yes it sounds like the send/receive settings are not entered correctly.

I have four mail accounts. Yahoo, MSN, Gmail, and iCloud.

Make sure MSN is setup with these settings http://group-mail.com/email-settings/hotmail-email-settings/

All worked except for MSN… which inexplicably stopped working on 25 Feb.
I was in the middle of changing all the passwords. I did that … could you send me a test email to***@******.*** and see if Mail retrieves it?
I didn't receive a test mail at either Outlook.com or the Mail program. I guess it's still not working. I'll keep working to see if I can figure it out.

You could try removing the account and adding it again.

I'll try that

k

Checking in to see if you still need help with this issue, if so please reply at your convenience.

i Cody,I deleted the old account, added a new one, as you suggested. That solved one problem and created another one. Now I have two accounts with the same name because the old one didn't really delete. I tried deleting it several times, restarting, etc. etc. Now some email goes to one and some goes to another. Inexplicable. I'll see if I can figure it out on my own. I will say that I am at least receiving email at the address in question now - a little aggravating but the mail seems to be receiving !!You had sent a link to "group mail" or something. I wasn't really interested in that feature - not sure why you sent that. Did I miss something?Now there is a nagging error about "can't find TRASH" file. Not sure what caused that. The whole thing behaves a lot slower than it did before.Sorry I can't be more descriptive - as you know there are ton of details associated with these things. I'm trying to learn more about Mac Mail in my free time.ThanksPascal

I thought group mail was the program you were using to access your email.

Maybe you can print screen the program so I know what your'e using.