Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  All type of email clients, microsoft, web based, linux
63493917

I need to import my Outlook email, calendar and contacts

Customer Question

I need to import my Outlook email, calendar and contacts from a Time Machine backup. How do I do that?
Category: Email
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.

Hello......and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

If the TimeMachine backup file is on the computer that is in the shop, you will hve to wait until you get that computter back.

.

Unless you have it backed up ONLINE? Are your files being backed up online?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are backed up to an external hard drive that backed up the files that were on my main computer. I now have that connected to my laptop and want to sync the Outlook files from the Time Machine back up to the Outlook program on my laptop
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you send an answer to this issue to my email address? I need to leave now - lost track of time. I will be back in the morning (eastern time)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you able to answer my question? I am sure there must be a way to do this. Should I call Microsoft tech support. If so, I shouldn't be charged for this

Unfortunately i cant email you, its against website policy.

.

However, you can come back and check this chat session anytime.

.

I will post the answer here as soon as i can.

Its a search function that you need to do.......(seacrh the external for the .pst file)

Then import .pst file....within outlook on the laptop.

The exact instructions are coming up next....unless you can do it?

1-Choose Enter Time Machine from the Time Machine menu Time Machine icon, or click Time Machine in the Dock.
2-Find the files to restore:

Use the timeline on the edge of the screen to see the files in your Time Machine backup as they were at that date and time. The timeline may also include local snapshots.
Use the onscreen up and down arrows to jump to the last time the contents of the window changed. You can also use the search field in a window to find a file, then move through time while focused on changes to that file.
Select a file and press Space Bar to preview the file and make sure it's the one you want.
Click Restore to restore the selected file, or Control-click the file for other options.
To copy the files, settings, and OS X user accounts in your backup to another Mac, use Migration Assistant.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can we continue this tomorrow or is that not an option?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks - I will check back in the morning and maybe we can securely connect then if I can't figure it out from your instructions.
M

Sorry, for the delay in getting back to you.

.

So how did it go? Did you get a chance to try it?