Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I'm not able to open an old (2011) pst file with outlook…

Customer Question
I'm not able to open...
I'm not able to open an old (2011) pst file with outlook 2013 because it is now in a .zip file form. like this NewPrimaryOutlook.pst.zip and when i try to extract using zip7 it says unsupported compression method. any ideas?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Email
2/27/2016
Email technician: Martin, Network Engineer replied 2 years ago
Martin, Network Engineer

Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.

If the zip file is not corrupted you should be able to uncompress it with WinRAR.

You can download it here:

http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

May I start a remote session so we can work on the problem together from your computer?

Please reply using the box below.

Regards,

actually could it be something to do with BackRex Outlook Backup program?

Does it back your PST as a zip file?

i think it must have it's been a few years, and only used it once.

I will have to opt out, I am not available at this time.

I apologize, please wait for another expert to send you a reply.

Email technician: Jason Jones, Computer Technician replied 2 years ago
Jason Jones, Computer Technician

I will be the person helping you today. I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help. May I start a secure remote assistance session on your computer and help you resolve the problem? Once the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate via a chat window on your computer.

Thank you,
Jason

I rather not do a remote session thanks

I offered the remote session because more often than not, customers prefer that option. If you don't follow the instructions I give you correctly, you may create more problems and/or lose the data. I don't understand why one would choose to not use the remote session, but I am not paid to understand. I am paid to consult, help, and fix problems. It appears that you don't want me to do that. I respectively ask you now, if I may opt out of the question and allow another person to continue with you. May I opt out now?