Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I forgot my email password and dont know how to change it.

Customer Question
I forgot my email password...
I forgot my email password ***** dont know how to change it. My phone and Ipad keep asking me to change my apple id and password. It will not dissapear now on both devices. so frustrated.
Thanks,
Denise
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/27/2016
Email technician: Dustin, Email Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dustin, Email Specialist
Experience: Specializing in Thunderbird, Eudora, Outlook, Outlook for Mac, Mac Mail, Windows Live mail, Incredimail and a few others! Also Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Hello Denise, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

The email account that your iphone and ipad are using for their apple id..

What company is that email account with, yahoo, aol, gmail, hotmail, etc ?

Also, do you have a mac or a pc or a computer available besides the phone and ipad?

Hi Dustin,
I have only an IPAD and IPHONE. I have a Dell computer (laptop) that I am sending you this message on. I am hooked up with my local carrier on my email address with COX Communications.My email addresses that are in concern are:
**********@***.***, and *************@***.***.

Question, is it your email passwords that the ipad and iphone are asking for?

Or is it your APPLE ID passwords that the iphone and ipad are asking for...

It can get confusing sometimes because your apple ID could also be your email address. But I need to know for certain whether it needs your email passwords to be updated in the mail app.

Or, if it needs your apple id passwords re entered..

D.S

The other message I keep getting is ICloud id. I don't remember that either. I need to fix it because it is bothering me when I am trying to work on the ipad by searching properties for my job as a realtor.

Ok, when it mentions your icloud id. We need to reset the password ***** your icloud id..

To do so, go to this page and enter your icloud id ( it will be the email address mentioned )

https://iforgot.apple.com

Once you have reset the password ***** your icloud id. You then need to enter that password ***** your ipad or iphone when it asks for the apple / icloud id password. That will fix the apple id / icloud password *****

Then, if you are still getting a popup asking for your email password, let me know~

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.