Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I us one email on multiple devices. recently emails have…

Customer Question
I us one email on...
I us one email on multiple devices. recently emails have been disappearing out of our inbox on all our devices but possibly one. What can the cause be.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Email
2/24/2016
Email technician: Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

I understand your frustration, but I don't have enough information to be able to tell you what the cause of the issue is.

.

But as I understand it, you have a single EMail account on Microsoft (@Hotmail, or @msn, or @outlook...whichis it?) and you access this account from multiple devices.

Some of the emails you are getting are disappearing.....do they move to a different folder? Or are they just completely gone?

When the person reads the emails using the laptop that still has all the e-mails in the inbox the emails vanish from the other device inboxs once another emial comes in. We are using outlook and its a Comcast.net email . not happening with gmail or any other email that I see
We also have had onedrive sync issues ever since we updated some pc's to windows 10 .

Ahh....okay yeah the Comcast.net Email is using a POP account.

Which means once you open and VIEW the inbox, basically it MOVES the emails from the server to your client inbox.

and if you try to view the inbox on ANOTHER device, theres nothing there.....because the server already delivered the email to a different client.

.

So, that's how it works.

Unforunately, there have been hundreds upon hundreds of commenst and postsabout this exact issue, ad it is because of the way Comcast handles their email.

Although, you should be able to tell you OUlook client to LEAVE a copy on the server so OTHER devices can also get the same emails. That is obviously not working, and THAT has to do with the Comcast server NOT cooperating.

The sync issues with Windows 10, what are the issues?

Comcast told me that someone had a rule or filter on one of the devices causing it .

Yeah one of the OUtlook clients may NOT be telling the server to LEAVE a copy.

You will have to check every single outlook client to make sure that the EMAILS are being LEFT on the server.

Well I had one drive for 8-9 months and ever since we updated some of our devices I cant seems to open files . I see thumbnails but cant copy or open files to send in emails or add to folders
in short I see its in the folder but cant do anything else with it

okay, we now have 2 sepeate thigs going on at once.

Lets focus on the EMail issue first....k?

ok sorry and yes so what do I need to do with the email

On each computer where you want to read your e-mail messages but not save them permanently, do the following:

1. On the Tools menu, click Account Settings.

The Account Settings command is missing

The Account Settings command is on the Tools menu in Office Outlook 2007. If you are using an earlier version of Outlook, the following instructions do not apply. Use the Help that is included with that product. If the title bar of the program that you are using displays Outlook Express, you are using a program that is not the same as Outlook. See the Help in Outlook Express for assistance.

2. Under Name, select the POP3 e-mail account that you want to change, and then click Change.

Note If your profile does not contain a Microsoft Exchange account, your messages are stored on your computer in a Personal Folders file (.pst). However, if your profile contains both an Exchange account and a POP3 e-mail account, and the default setting is to deliver all new messages to your mailbox on the server running Exchange, your downloaded POP3 messages are stored in your Exchange account. Any profile that you use on any computer that has access to your Exchange mailbox will be able to see the previously downloaded POP3 e-mail messages.

3. Click More Settings.

4. Click the Advanced tab, and then under Delivery, select the Leave a copy of messages on the server check box.

You have to do this on each computer that has a Comcast email associated with it.

.

And notice that the end result is just to make sure that the email client (outlook in this case) is leaving a cpy on the server.

ok , so why is the one laptop the only one not doing it? and why did it start all of a sudden?
what about tablets and smart phones same process?

It depends on the Email client you are using, whether you use the same process.

.

Outlook comes in MANY versions.

once we do that will I see all the emails we lost
can you remote into this pc and walk me through it on this pc so I can get a hands on view of it

Looks like you are going to need more help than what its worth.

.

I will Opt-Out and let another expert help you.

But if I follow your directions above do you think I'll get emails back at least on the devices I do it too?
Opt-out why again? You seemed to know exactly what I needed to do?
Email technician: Dustin, Email Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dustin, Email Specialist
Experience: Specializing in Thunderbird, Eudora, Outlook, Outlook for Mac, Mac Mail, Windows Live mail, Incredimail and a few others! Also Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

It seems the previous expert has opted out. Im in the middle of a session but I would be willing to remote in and fix these issues for you. rest assured, t his is an issue Ive dealt with many times before and I know how to fix it.

Im sending you an offer for remote support now. Once accepted, we can schedule a time to connect that works for us both.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

can I opt later for this remote fee? Also the tech before mentioned pop3 but email seems to be in imap

We can set this up for later.. Whether thats today, tomorrow, this weekend.

Also, the remote fee ( and the entire fee ) is guaranteed, meaning if I cant fix the issue when I connect, you will be entitled to a full refund.

As far as imap or pop3, with multiple devices accessing the account its definite that 1 or more of those devices has either corrupted or incorrect settings, and thats whats causing the mail to be purged from the server instead of being available on all three devices.

Id give a more in depth explanation but as stated, im currently in another session trying to resolve a different issue via remote support~

ok , how do I reach you if I want to move forward

Through this same conversation, when you reply here it notifies me via email.. As long as Im online ( until about 10 pm eastern each night ) I try to respond as soon as I can.

if you forget your justanswer login and password, you can always check your email. Open a message from just answer that says you have receieved a reply or a response. And inside that message click where it says " view response on justanswer"

That will bring you directly back to this page, and this conversation so you can reply directly to me.

D.S