Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Or Forensic IT specialists: I used to work company in 2010…

Customer Question
For Lawyers or Forensic IT...
For Lawyers or Forensic IT specialists: I used to work for a company in 2010 and I had my email from the company (they used outlook). now I need to subpoena some of my emails from back then. I don't have access to that email anymore. who do I need to subpoena? Can they go back to 2010?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Email
2/23/2016
Email technician: Martin, Network Engineer replied 2 years ago
Martin, Network Engineer

Hello Sara, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.

I can answer the IT related question for you - you should create a new question (doesn't have to be of high value) with a simple question of "How far back can a subpoena go?" just to make sure.

Regarding the forensics side of things - it really depends on the company and how they manage their databases. Usually when an employee leaves they will disable or delete the accounts from the system to prevent any intrusions but they should have a record of the emails on the mail server.

The person that manages that is almost always the system's administrator as he has access to pretty much all company data. He would be the one you'd need to request the emails from.

Please reply using the box below.

Regards,