Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Can not send out emails

Customer Question
can not send out emails
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Email
2/22/2016
Email technician: Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist

Hello James, and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

Im very sorry to hear you are not able to send Emails out.

.

Does it happen when you are trying got send to a particular email?

Or do ALL your emails that you try and send NOT go through?

None go through, get mail delivery subsystem, delivery to recipient failed. At 7:00 this morning we got a 100 same messages from people we never new, r receiving messages but can't send out

Very interesting!

.

What about RECEIVING emails? Can you receive emails? When somebody send you an email....do you get it?

far receiving messages, its just google not working to send out messages. why did I get 100 mail delivery subsystems this morning?

Wait.....you got 100 individual emails that were all saying the SAME EXACT thing?

from 100 different people most I never sent an email too in the past, delivery to recipient failed ?

Have you changed your password ***** this account?

When was the last time you changed it?

Maybe somebody figured it out, and screwed it up?

I suggest you change the password.

.

Gmail servers should not be sending you 100 emails with delivery fail messages all at oncew.

You should only get them as you SEND an email. and its a 1 for 1 thing.

So if you SEND an email and it fails delivery, you should immediately get a delivery fail message.....not days later and then get 100 of them. This makes NO SENSE, and leads me to believe that this account was potentially hacked.

This acount might be compromised, and potentially your computer coudl be compromised and infected.

the answer is change my password, was going to do that anyway. I guess u can't answer how this happened

How it happened......no.

There are WAY TOO MANY unknowns to be able to pin down EXACTLY what happened.

.

Although, you may want to contact Google Gmail, and report the issue, so they are aware of it.

It is possible that a Gmail Server was compromised.

.

When a system gets compromised, any number of things can happen, that have no explanation. Because the Virus (or whatever malware or Worm) does not readily publish what it does or what its goal is.

.

Please take a moment to rate my performance.

Thank you!

Do u have a phone # ***** Google?

Gmail does not have a phone number you can call.

.

However, i would like some fmore info about these emails you are gtting that get returned undeliverable.

.

Can you tell me more about the email you get?

Who sent the delivery status notification message? ( you can check this by clicking on the SHOW DETAILS button)

Was it Mail Delivery Subsystem (*****@******.***)

or

Was it The Mailer Daemon at another domain?

Thanks, ***** ***** solve my problem

Can you tell me more about the email you get, that comes back UNDELIVERABLE?

or

i need to figure out if it is google servers kicking it back, or if it is the OTHER end server that is kicking it back

this is a complex issue, and the ANSWER does NOT just reveal itself after a couple questions.

It takes a lot more indepth questioning.

And hey, if your not interested in getting to the bottom of the problem......that is no big deal......i have other work i can do.

Best of Luck to you!

Thanks
Email technician: Dustin, Email Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dustin, Email Specialist
Experience: Specializing in Thunderbird, Eudora, Outlook, Outlook for Mac, Mac Mail, Windows Live mail, Incredimail and a few others! Also Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

First, let me clarify a question you asked earlier. There is no phone number by which you can contact google.

However, if youd like to speak to me over the phone about this issue, we can arrange that.

With that being said, I can also connect to your computer directly and solve the issue myself, on screen. We can connect via a secure remote connection, which will save us both some time and headache. So let me know if thats something you want to try.

I will be online for the next 6 hours tonight. If another time would work better for you, I will be working normal business hours and nights the next 8 days.

Please respond when you can and let me know when you would like to continue.

Thank you,

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.