Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

I have to email some illustrations copied from books and

Customer Question
when I go to email...
I have to email some illustrations copied from books and when I go to email i get the following message:
The following files weren't attached because they're empty: figure 2.pictClipping, figure 4.pictClipping, figure 6c .pictClipping, figure 6b.pictClipping, figure 6a.pictClipping, figure 9.pictClipping, figure 7.pictClipping.
help!
Thanks!
Anne
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Email
2/21/2016
Email technician: Dustin, Email Specialist replied 1 year ago
Dustin, Email Specialist
Experience: Specializing in Thunderbird, Eudora, Outlook, Outlook for Mac, Mac Mail, Windows Live mail, Incredimail and a few others! Also Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com Anne, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Can you clarify what you are trying to do.

Are you trying to clip images of pages from books, online books and then email those clippings?

Or, are you trying to do something else? Please clarify, thank you.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have 16 figures to submit with a manuscript by email. 10 attached to email and 6 could not attach and I got the message I showed you from my Outlook after I pushed Send. The email did not send. I would like to send all images together. They are from various sources. 1 is a screenshot from the web, some were pulled out of a PowerPoint.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Some say clipping contents TIFF image

Aha, thats the issue.. You are using outlook.

All of the images that didnt attach properly were in the pictClipping format.

What you need to do for those pictClipping files, is open them one at a time in preview.. Then click file, save as, and save them as a jpeg or png or tiff file.. The pictclipping file is only viewable on a mac, and once you convert those pictClipping files to a more standard format such as a jpeg, they will be able to attach and send without issue!

If you encounter issues converting the pictclipping files, you could use a free software such as this, which will allow you to open the files and convert them to the jpeg format http://www.lemkesoft.de/en/products/graphicconverter/download/

If you have further questions, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK let me try...

I'll be standing by. And if you would prefer, I can connect to your mac from here via a secure remote session, and convert the images on screen for you and make sure that email properly~

let me know if youd like to try that additional service.

Dustin S.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do I open the figure in preview?

You should be able to double click one of the picclipping files either in your finder, or in a folder, and they should open in preview..

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Only opens in finder

Ok.. in the finder.. When you double click on the pictclipping file..

Does it open and show the image on screen?

excellent, when that image is on screen.. Thats using the preview program.

If you look at the top left of your screen next to the apple symbol, it should be saying preview.

for each individual pictclipping file, you want to click file, export, save as jpeg.. This needs to be done for each pict clipping file. Once each file is saved as a jpeg.. You will be able to attach and send the jpeg versions within outlook~

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Only says finder
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When I drag the picture clipping in to preview the name is ***** ***** and does not open. My Jpegs are dark and open fine and email fine.

Ok, you may need to try the free program I mentioned, open the pictclipping files in there and convert them to jpegs that way. Here is the link for the program again,

http://www.lemkesoft.de/en/products/graphicconverter/download/

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Program downloaded but I would have to pay. Not a free program. Any other ideas?

It is a paid program, but they will let you use it and try it for free.

Did you try this download link?

https://www.lemkesoft.info/files/graphicconverter/gc9_build2098.dmg

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Got it. Opened my picture. Impossible to convert to JPEG with this program. Comes out in different colors and not crisp. Sorry we could not work this out. Will you arrange the refund of 40.00? Thank you

I did mention that I could connect and run through these steps for you.

Ive provided two different methods that will work, along with diagnosing the issue and investing my time and expertise to help you. if you dont want to continue and dont feel like youve gotten the help you asked for.. The refund link is below.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

Dustin, Email Specialist