Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My windows live mail opens but it says "could not open key"

Customer Question
check and see if you...
My windows live mail opens but it says "could not open key" check and see if you have sufficient access to that key. It was working fine now if I get it to open soon as I try to open an e-mail it all freezes up and says windows live has quit working
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Email
2/17/2016
Email technician: Sandy, Computer Specialist replied 2 years ago
Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist

Hi, I'm Sandy and I look forward to help you today with the best answer possible.
I'm sorry about the issue.
I will work with you until it gets fixed. This is a question and answer session. Please do not hesitate to reply back to me at the box given below.

May I connect with you remotely to check/fix the issue directly?
Remote support can save a lot of time. I will fix the issue while you stay in front of your computer. It is 100% safe and secure.

We have fixed millions of computers over remote session and have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau website
http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
If you can give me an answer here, OK. If not do not charge me and forget it.
I do not want any other deals. This is a one time question.

Okay, I will provide you steps in the question and answer session. Please wait for 2-3 minutes. Thank you.

First of all, please start Windows Live ID sign-in assistant services and turn it to Automatic mode.

Hold down Windows(flag key and) and press letter R.

You will get a box at bottom left hand side.

Type Services.msc and then click OK.

Search for Windows Live ID sign-in assistant service and click Start

button and then choose Automatic under drop down.

You can see screenshot under this link: http://www.stickypc.com/blog/?p=226

Please let me know the results once you follow these steps. Thank you, ***** *****

SANDY: I went thru the whole list of services and could not find one that said Windows Live ID sign-in assistant

At minimum possible cost extra, I'm ready to take remote control of your computer.

I do not know you and do not trust anyone I don't know taking control of my computer. If this is the only way you can do it,
let's just forget it.

Okay, I will provide you other steps in the question and answer session. Please try to open Windows Live mail once again and tell me the exact error message you get. Thank you, ***** *****

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE32\Software\Classes\rss\shellex\(8895B1C6-B41F-4C1C-A562-0D564250836F)
Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel
Above this it says--Could not open key:

Please follow this:

a.

type Regedit and press 'Enter key'.

b. In the 'Registry Editor' window, Browse through the location(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE32\Software\Classes\rss\shellex\(8895B1C6-B41F-4C1C-A562-0D564250836F)
) as given in the error message. Right-click the entry which you want to change, and choose 'Permissions'

c. The 'Permissions for <registry key name>' dialog is displayed.

From here you can

d. Select users and change their permissions.

e. Click 'Advanced' to open the 'Access Control Settings for <registry key name>' dialog box, and change users access control.

f. When you have completed your changes, click 'Apply' and 'OK' to accept them.

Restart your computer and let me know the results, please.

I tried this 4 times and it still doesn't work.
Apparently you don't have any more answers so please credit my account.

Windows Live Mail is gone corrupt. I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall it.

Click the link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/essentials

And then click "Download Now"

And download and install it.