Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator
Experience:  Systems Administrator
58973002

I am trying to locate an email from 2011 in my Hotmail

Customer Question

hi I am trying to locate an email from 2011 in my Hotmail account but it won't let me go that far back. Are emails from 2011 retrievable? Thanks
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Email Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
JA: Got it. The Email Technician will be able to help you. Is there anything else the Email Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not really I am looking for a specific email from a doctor that sent me some important documents. I am trying to do a advanced search but it only has an option for one year back. That did not used to be the case. I used to be able to go farther back. Any help would be great!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Email Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Email
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

Are you searching on the web at hotmail.com or within an email program?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hotmail.com
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

The date options are "older than a year" and should go back as far as when you first opened your account.

You can't specify the exact 2011 year.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought that as well but I put in older than a year and it only lets me go back two pages worth of old emails which is like 2015
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
before at Hotmail they had an advanced search and I could go back as far as I liked and now that is not an option
thanks
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

can you go to the very bottom right to the last page, does it have email dating back to 2011?

Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

While in your Inbox*

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when you say very right bottom page do you mean last page as in the farthest it will let me go back? If so then no there is not anything on the bottom right corner
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

yes while in Inbox, not search.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how much is the charge right now ? I thought it was 5 dollars.
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

attached

Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure on billing, you'll need to contact customer service here http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks anyway. I will call billing 5 dollar is all I want to spend.
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

ok sounds good