Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I made a terrible error trying to get rid of Fast Connect

Customer Question

I made a terrible error trying to get rid of Fast Connect which pops up constantly demanding I use it to store my passwords...I do not want it and had no way to get rid of it so I did a system restore and blew it-- all my documents including a book and poetry I wrote are gone.....please use what ever you can to get it all back. I did not use the suggestion that I backup all my 'stuff' since I have restored successfully before. HELP!
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Which version of windows are you using?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,