Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have been accessing my business email that uses Yahoo but…

Customer Question
I have been accessing my...
I have been accessing my business email that uses Yahoo for years but I had to change my password ***** days ago and ever since then my Outlook will not connect....I know the password ***** ***** but it will not connect to server. Any advice. This is the only thing that changed
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Email
2/15/2016
Email technician: Sandy, Computer Specialist replied 2 years ago
Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist

Hi, I'm Sandy and I look forward to help you today with the best answer possible.

I'm sorry about the issue.

I will work with you until it gets fixed. This is a question and answer session. Please do not hesitate to reply back to me at the box given below.

I suggest you to change your Yahoo account password ***** and then use the new password ***** outlook.

If you face any issue, then, please let me know.

Regards, Sandy

I have already done that twice

May I connect with you remotely to check/fix the issue directly?
Remote support can save a lot of time. I will fix the issue while you stay in front of your computer. It is 100% safe and secure.

We have fixed millions of computers over remote session and have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau website
http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403

I would prefer other suggestions. Teach a man to fish and he never goes hungry

What version of outlook are you using?

Have you disabled your anti-virus program once and then checked outlook once?

Outlook 2010. I did not disable antivirus

Please disable your anti-virus program and disable its real-time scanning option and then enter your password ***** outlook.

Note: Enter the latest password ***** outlook which you use to access your Yahoo account.

OR sign out of your Yahoo account. Enter the password ***** login and then enter the same under outlook.

It appears disabling the Norton fixed it. Can you tell me why that is the case. I assume if I turn the protection back on it will work again

I'm glad to know that it fixes the issue.

Please turn on the protection again and check it.

Else disable only real time protection as it generally conflict with outlook.

Please remember to rate. Thank you, ***** *****

Ok. Just a moment I will turn back on and verify it still works Hold on please

Take your time Thank you, Sandy

Having some issues when I turn it back on

Turn ON Norton anti-virus. But, turn off only Real-time scanning section under Norton settings.

Open outlook and if you see Norton listed under outlook, please right click and delete that.

Or got to outlook add-ons and remove Norton entry listed there.

Having the same issues again.

Have you deleted Norton from outlook add on?

Well I'm looking for it Where do I find that

You can disable outlook add on as given shown under the link:

http://www.addictivetips.com/microsoft-office/how-to-disable-remove-outlook-2010-add-in/

Well it's saying I have to be an administrator but I am
I am having issues Restarting my computer

Please turn off your computer by pressing the power button and then restart it once.

It's pulling some emails through but I'm still getting some errors
I restarted. Looks like emails are coming through but still have error. I guess it's good enough for now. If I could work a few hours then touch base with you?

You can get back to any time later. Please remember to rate my service to compensate me for my time, work and efforts.

I'm following up with you to see how everything is going.
Do you still need help with this? You forgot to rate my service.

If you have any other query regarding this issue, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else please take a second to rate my service by clicking the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you, ***** *****