Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

I am experiencing problems with my computer being corrupted

Customer Question
by an overseas source. I...
I am experiencing problems with my computer being corrupted by an overseas source. I have been advised to change my e-mail address. During my phone calls to Juno tech support and June customer service I have been told that I cannot change my e-mail address, but i can install anew e-mail address. If this is my only option, please tell me haw to install a new e-mail address.
Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Email
2/15/2016
Email technician: Richard, Email Systems Specialist replied 1 year ago
Richard, Email Systems Specialist

Hi there and welcome

If you create a new email address then you will need to tell everyone of this new address so they can email you on the correct address.

It is similar to moving house and informing everyone of your new house address.

I want to confirm, is this what you wish to do?

And exactly how are you being corrupted from an overseas source? As there may be a better solution then this.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I understand that I wil have to advise over 100 people of my e-mail address change. But i don't want to go through what has been happening ofer the past several months. Lat month my computer slowed way down and then stopped. I had a technician repair the corrupted files, and then it happened again last week. And then on Saturday I received an email from someone claiming to be an FBI agent who threatened me with jail time. I turned this one over to the police. What can Juno do to help?Mike

Ok, these problems with the computer are not related to the emails, it was computer performance.

The emails from the "FBI" Are fake emails, you will get these on any email account within any email system.

This you cannot stop, you just need to delete the emails (the police are aware of all these scams).

I would be happy to go through your computer and check out what the issue is and have made a request of additional service to do this for you, but changing email addresses will not solve this issue as this is not related Mike.

It appears your computer has corruption issues and this needs to be dealt by repairing it.

I can do this for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Richard, Email Systems Specialist