Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Email Expert
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, Expert in Large Email Platforms
23511658

I had an email dated 12-30 15 and was deleting other emails.

Customer Question

i had an email dated 12-30 15 and was deleting other emails. Somehow or other this 12-20-15 email was deleted. when I went into my trash file to retrieve it....I could not go back any further than e-mail from 1-8-16. I REALLY need this e-mail back!
JA: Got it. The Email Technician will be able to help you. Is there anything else important you think the Email Technician should know?
Customer: I am not familiar with this program. Is there a fee for this service?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Email Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Email
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

Please let me know if there as any additional information that you think might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

What email service do you use?

I'll be completely candid with you - on free email sites like gmail and yahoo, there is really no chance to recover the email, since they really do purge the data when it is removed from trash. If it is within a day or two, there is a very small chance they can restore it, but even then, there are two challenges 1. convincing them to do it, and 2. If they are successful, it would restore your email back to that point in time and erase all mail after it. I'm afraid that wouldn't even apply here because of the timeline.

Now, if it is a business account, or with a paid email provider, we may have a totally different situation. So if that's the case, let me know and we can go from there.